We provide a broad range of capabilities and deep experience.
Butzel Long's real estate team has worked on virtually every type of project: major urban redevelopment projects, downtown office facilities, greenfield development of office, industrial, research and technical centers, retail, hotels and residential properties as well as signature incentive programs.
Our multi-disciplinary team is comprised of attorneys who have handled real estate activities ranging from the development of community projects, to spearheading tax increment finance, from the creation of sophisticated financial instruments to the drafting of leases, from zoning, condemnation and tax issues to mineral rights, environmental assessments and permitting. Our group has the expertise to navigate the public dollars arena, efficiently and effectively.
- Entity selection and formation
- Acquisition and disposition
- Corporate real estate issues
- Development, architectural and construction contracts
- Land use restrictions
- Financing and syndication
- Tax related issues
- Leasing of offices, retail stores, restaurants, warehouses and full buildings on behalf of landlords or tenants throughout the country
- Planning, zoning and government relations
- Publicly financed development
- Environmental regulation
- Brownfield redevelopment
- Easements and boundary issues
- Historic preservation issues
- Condominium development and conversion
- Waterfront development
- Condemnation/eminent domain
- Homeowner association issues
- Brokerage and property management
- Foreclosure, workouts and bankruptcy