Butzel's capabilities in real estate development cover virtually every form of commercial and industrial property: office buildings, shopping centers, commercial and industrial parks, waterfront developments, high-rise residential complexes, and assembly of land parcels. Our experience includes major urban redevelopment projects, the development of medical facilities and residential subdivision and condominium development. Our attorneys are experienced in structuring and documenting financing and other aspects of development, including construction and permanent financing, ground leases, sale-leaseback agreements and construction and architect/engineering contracts. In the area of public finance Butzel attorneys have structured mortgage and bond financing for numerous municipal projects including infrastructure improvements, economic development corporations and industrial development organizations. Our cross-disciplinary team approach allows us to handle the most complex real estate related matters with leading lawyers in various practice specialties.
News & Events
- Firm News, 11.15.2022
- Lead lawyers for conversion of a City of Detroit housing project into multi-use, residential property under federal program
- Negotiated long term mortgageable ground lease on behalf of developer for construction of physicians office building adjoining surgical center
- Served as counsel for the acquisition of multiple parcels of land for major mixed use residential/commercial development
- Acted as lead counsel for the conversion of a former housing project in the City of Detroit into multi-use residential property under the HOPE IV Implementation Grant Mixed Finance federal program
- Represented developer in negotiation and financing of land acquisition from Downtown Development Authority and acquisition of the hotel from prior owners
- Represented LG Chem in the acquisition of land, obtaining various government grants and tax incentives and the drafting and negotiating of the construction contract for a $303 million advanced lithium ion battery manufacturing facility.
- Represented developer of waterfront residential condominium development
- Negotiations for numerous mobile home park developments including; Acquisitions, financing, operations, licensing and sales
- Negotiated construction and development contracts for commercial office building
- Represented developer of numerous hotel development projects including acquisitions, financing, operations, licensing and sales