Since its adoption in 2002, Butzel Longs corporate team has actively counseled companies with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) Act compliance. We advise company officers, directors, and employees on various SOX matters, including:
- Section 302 and 906 financial disclosure certifications
- Section 404 internal control over financial reportings (ICFR)
- Audit committee matters
- Limitations on credit to directors and officers
- Whistleblower claims and
- Restrictions tied to employee benefit plan blackout periods.
Our team consists of attorneys who have worked at the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC) and the United States Attorneys office. Others have been chairs to the State Bar of Michigans Securities Regulation Committee, the Corporate Laws Committee, and the Business Law section. We specialize in securities regulation and compliance corporate governance corporate investigations and white-collar crime employment law estate planning and asset protection and corporate litigation.
- ShareholderShareholderJump to PageDirectorCounsel
News & Events
- Successfully defended national media client in claim for violation of Sarbanes-Oxley Act before the United States Department of Labor.