Nicholas J. Stasevich is a Shareholder based in Butzel's Detroit office. He is a Vice President of Butzel and serves on the firm's Board of Directors. Mr. Stasevich is a graduate of the University of Michigan Law School (J.D., 1988), and Wayne State University (two B.A. degrees, with honors, 1985.) In 2002, he was appointed H.M. Consul-Honorary of the United Kingdom to the State of Michigan. He is listed in The Best Lawyers in America (Corporate Law).
Mr. Stasevich practices in the areas of international, corporate, antitrust, technology, and labor and employment law. He represents a broad range of companies with both domestic and multi-national operations in mergers and acquisitions, antitrust, joint ventures, employment matters, sales and distribution contracts, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act - global corporate compliance, global export control compliance, and other matters. His clients include publicly traded and closely held companies in automotive, technology and systems integration and numerous other industries. His experience also includes advising both U.S. and foreign-based companies in the establishment of operations throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, South America, Asia, Africa, and Australia.
Mr. Stasevich has served as Chair of the International Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan and is also a member of the International Bar Association and the American Bar Association (International Law Section and Business Law Section). He has served as Chair of the Canadian Investment Committee and Chair of the European Investment Committee of the Detroit Regional Economic Partnership. His other activities have included the Detroit Committee on Foreign Relations; International Visitors Council; M.E.L.L. Detroit Public Schools Volunteer; and Volunteer Youth Counselor. Mr. Stasevich was a Research Fellow, Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations, Warsaw, Poland, and is a speaker/lecturer at numerous business, legal and community forums.
Primary Practice Areas
All Related Practice Areas
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation
- Automotive Industry Team
- Automotive Law
- China International Team
- Corporate and Finance
- Europe International Team
- Franchise & Distribution
- India International Team
- International Business
- International Trade and Customs Specialty Team
- Lex Mundi
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Mexico International Team
- Minority Business Enterprise Specialty Team
- Outside General Counsel Services
University of Michigan Law School 1988, J.D.
Wayne State University 1985, B.A.
- International Bar Association
- American Bar Association - International Law Section Business Law Section
- State Bar of Michigan - Chair of International Law Section
- Canadian Investment Committee - past Chair
- Detroit Regional Economic Partnership - past Chair of the European Investment Committee
- Detroit Committee on Foreign Relations
- International Visitors Council
- M.E.L.L. Detroit Public Schools Volunteer
- Volunteer Youth Counselor
Awards & Recognitions
Awards & Recognitions
H.M. Consul-Honorary of the United Kingdom to the State of Michigan - appointed 2002
The Best Lawyers in America - Corporate Law, 2009-2024
DBusiness Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit, International Trade and Finance Law, 2011-2014, 2016-2023; Antitrust Law, 2013-2014; Corporate Law, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2019, 2020; Mergers & Acquisitions Law, 2016; Commercial Law, 2022-2023
Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Corporate/M&A, 2018-2023
- Represented a major international cement and concrete corporation accused by private litigants of participating in a several hundred million dollar antitrust price-fixing conspiracy.
News & Events
- Firm News, 9.6.2023
- Firm News, 7.27.2023
- Firm News, 11.15.2022
- Firm News, 8.18.2022
- Firm News, 7.5.2022
- DBusiness Magazine, 11.26.2018