W. Patrick Dreisig is a Shareholder practicing in Butzel's Troy office. Mr. Dreisig focuses his practice in general business law and transactional matters, including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures, recapitalizations, debt and equity finance transactions, venture capital transactions, supply agreements, intellectual property development and licensing transactions, customer and supplier workouts, entity selection and formation, corporate governance and business succession. He previously served as co-chair of the firm's Finance Committee and Global Automotive Industry Group.
Mr. Dreisig practices extensively within the automotive supplier industry. He is highly experienced in representing automotive suppliers in structuring and negotiating long term supply and other commercial arrangements with automotive manufacturers and other suppliers.
Mr. Dreisig received his B.A. degree, with distinction, from the University of Michigan in 1974 and his J.D. degree from Wayne State University in 1977, where he served as an editor of the Wayne Law Review in 1976-77.
Mr. Dreisig is a member of the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association and the State Bar of Michigan. He has also served as a member of the Legal Issues Council, and as past counsel to the Chief Purchasing Officers Council, of the Original Equipment Suppliers Association. He was named "2022 Lawyer of the Year" by Best Lawyers in America for Closely Held Companies and Family Business Law and has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America for Closely Held Companies and Family Business Law and Corporate Governance Law since 2013. He has also been recognized by DBusiness Magazine Top Corporate Counsel.
Mr. Dreisig's experience includes the following:
- Negotiated a complex Supply Agreement for major Tier I automotive supplier with an OEM; included subsidies and exit provisions for the supplier.
- Negotiated a Settlement Agreement for a major Tier I automotive supplier with an OEM of claims arising under long-term Supply Agreement.
- Negotiated a Settlement Agreement for a major Tier I automotive supplier with an OEM resulting in $40,000,000 in payments to the supplier and a commitment by the OEM to provide significant additional future business to the supplier.
Primary Practice Areas
All Related Practice Areas
- Automotive Law
- Banking & Finance Law
- Business Partnerships, Joint Ventures, and LLCs
- Commercial Lending
- Connected Car and Autonomous Vehicles
- Corporate and Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Fund Formation
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Mutual Funds/Registered Funds
- Private Equity
- Product Liability/Recall & Warranty
- Regulatory Compliance
- Supply Chain Management
Wayne State University Law School Law School 1977, J.D.
University of Michigan Undergraduate 1974, B.A. with distinction
- American Bar Association - Business Law and Taxation Section
- State Bar of Michigan - Business Law and Taxation Sections
- Original Equipment Suppliers Association - Legal Issues Council past counsel to the Chief Purchasing Officers Council
Awards & Recognitions
Awards & Recognitions
The Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year, Closely Held Companies and Family Business Law, 2023
The Best Lawyers in America, Closely Held Companies and Family Business Law; Corporate Governance Law
DBusiness Top Lawyers, Closely Held Companies and Family Business Law & Corporate Governance Law; Banking & Financial Service Law
DBusiness Top Corporate Counsel
- Negotiated a settlement agreement for a major auto supplier with an OEM resulting in $40,000,000 in payments to the supplier, deal also included commitment by OEM to provide significant additional future business to supplier
- Negotiation of complex Settlement Agreement with an OEM of claims arising under long-term Supply Agreement
- Negotiation of a Complex Supply Agreement for major Tier I Automotive Supplier with an OEM; included subsidies and exit provisions
News & Events
- Firm News, 11.15.2022
- Firm News, 8.18.2022
- Detroit, MI, 6.2.2017
- Detroit, MI, 1.13.2017