Jennifer Consiglio is a Shareholder practicing in Butzel’s Business Law Department. She serves as a trusted advisor to clients in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, corporate finance, corporate governance, securities regulation, and general business law.
Ms. Consiglio is recognized among the leading transactional business lawyers in the U.S. and the State of Michigan. She is ranked by Chambers USA as one of America’s Leading Lawyers in Business Law and Mergers & Acquisitions in the U.S., and by DBusiness as a Top Lawyer for Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions in Metro Detroit, and Michigan Super Lawyers in Metro Detroit. Ms. Consiglio also has been recognized by Michigan Lawyers Weekly as one of 25 Women in Law and as one of 20 lawyers in its inaugural list of “Go to Business Lawyers”.
Ms. Consiglio is a former Chair and council member of the State Bar of Michigan Business Law Section which, among other things, monitors Michigan’s business laws and advises on their amendment from time to time. She is a former Chair and current member of Butzel Long’s Pro-Bono Committee and actively involved in providing pro bono legal services as well as other community service-related activities in the metro Detroit and Flint areas.
She is an Honors and Order of the Coif graduate of The George Washington University Law School and earned her Bachelor of Science degree cum laude from Georgetown University (School of Foreign Service).
Ms. Consiglio is admitted to practice law in the State of Michigan and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
Primary Practice Areas
All Related Practice Areas
- Business Partnerships, Joint Ventures, and LLCs
- Corporate Governance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Commercial Lending
- Corporate and Finance
- Emerging Technology
- Finance & Restructuring
- Financial Services
- Franchise Specialty Team
- Mutual Funds/Registered Funds
- Private Equity
- Womens Leadership Committee
Georgetown University Undergraduate 1995, B.S.
George Washington University Law School Law School 2000, J.D.
- American Bar Association
- Bar of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- State Bar of Michigan
- Oakland County Bar Association
Awards & Recognitions
Awards & Recognitions
The Best Lawyers in America, Business Organizations including LLCs and Partnerships and Corporate Governance Law, 2023
Michigan Lawyers Weekly - recognized as one of 25 Women in Law, 2013
Michigan Super Lawyers, Rising Star Mergers and Acquisitions, 2013
DBusiness Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit, Corporate Law, 2017, 2018, 2020-2023, Mergers & Acquisitions Law, 2018, 2020-2023
Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Corporate/M&A, 2018-2022
- Assisted an international polymers manufacturer in numerous acquisitions of U.S. based companies
- Representation of health services company in reverse merger with a public company as means of going public.
- Successfully closed a complex, $50 million private equity financing including a reincorporation merger and a myriad of difficult pre-closing transactions
- Represented Santa Rosa Consulting in its $25 million equity capitalization by private equity investors
- Closed on Series D venture capital financing
- Represented global polymers manufacturer in acquisition of assets of Hydro Components Research and Development Corporation.
- Represented a private equity investor in the lengthy and complicated effort to purchase all of Ford Motor Company's glass manufacturing operations in North America
News & Events
- Firm News, 11.15.2022
- Firm News, 8.18.2022
- Firm News, 7.5.2022
- Sterling Heights, MI, 3.24.2015
Alerts & Publications
- Client Alert, 4.12.2022