Jennifer Consiglio is a Shareholder practicing in Butzel Long’s Business Law Department. She serves as a trusted advisor to both private and public clients in all aspects of formation, governance, contracting, and operations; complex business transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, restructurings, private debt and equity financings, and private and public offerings; and securities law compliance.
She serves as Chair and council member of the State Bar of Michigan Business Law Section which, among other things, monitors Michigan’s business laws and advises on their amendment from time to time. She is a member and former Chair of Butzel Long’s Pro-Bono Committee and actively involved in providing pro bono legal services as well as other community service-related activities.
Jennifer is recognized among America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Corporate/M&A by Chambers USA, and rated one of the Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit for Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions Law by DBusiness. She has also been recognized as one of 25 Women in Law by Michigan Lawyers Weekly, and as a Rising Star in M&A by Michigan Super Lawyers.
She is an Honors and Order of the Coif graduate of The George Washington University Law School, where she was Executive Notes Editor of The George Washington University International Law Review, and earned her Bachelor’s degree cum laude from Georgetown University (School of Foreign Service).
Jennifer is admitted to practice law in the State of Michigan and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
All Related Practice Areas
- Business Partnerships, Joint Ventures, and LLCs
- Corporate Governance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Commercial Lending
- Corporate and Finance
- Emerging Technology
- Finance & Restructuring
- Financial Services
- Franchise Specialty Team
- Media Law Specialty Team
- Mutual Funds/Registered Funds
- Private Equity
- Womens Leadership Committee
Georgetown University Undergraduate 1995, B.S.
George Washington University Law School Law School 2000, J.D.
- American Bar Association
- Bar of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- State Bar of Michigan
- Oakland County Bar Association
Awards & Recognitions
Awards & Recognitions
Michigan Lawyers Weekly - recognized as one of 25 Women in Law, 2013
Michigan Super Lawyers, Rising Star Mergers and Acquisitions, 2013
DBusiness Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit, Corporate Law, 2017, 2018, 2020-2022 Mergers & Acquisitions Law, 2018, 2020-2022
Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Corporate/M&A, 2018-2021
- Closed on Series D venture capital financing
- Represented global polymers manufacturer in acquisition of assets of Hydro Components Research and Development Corporation.
- Represented a private equity investor in the lengthy and complicated effort to purchase all of Ford Motor Company's glass manufacturing operations in North America
- Assisted an international polymers manufacturer in numerous acquisitions of U.S. based companies
- Representation of health services company in reverse merger with a public company as means of going public.
- Successfully closed a complex, $50 million private equity financing including a reincorporation merger and a myriad of difficult pre-closing transactions
- Represented Santa Rosa Consulting in its $25 million equity capitalization by private equity investors
News & Events
- Sterling Heights, MI, 3.24.2015
Alerts & Publications
- Client Alert, 4.12.2022