Butzel's Securities & Corporate Finance Group is comprised of highly experienced and regarded lawyers who are well recognized for their expertise and service. Our lawyers offer effective, responsive and creative assistance to public and private issuers, underwriters, placement agents, initial purchasers and others with a full range of securities-related services. These services include public and private placements of various types of equity and debt securities, mergers and acquisitions and assistance with regulatory compliance. For public companies, we assist with periodic and other reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Section 16 and Rule 144 reporting requirements, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, proxy statements, corporate disclosures and communications, tender offers, share repurchase and going private programs and insider trading issues. For private companies, we help with private placements and related federal and state Blue Sky law compliance, IPO's, reverse mergers and venture capital and private equity investments. We provide public and private offering assistance to established companies as well as start-ups and emerging companies in new industries. Our group's industry expertise ranges from automotive and manufacturing to high technology, health care, real estate companies and bio-tech and alternative energy, to name only the most common. Group lawyers' regularly speak on panels on securities and corporate finance topics and several have published treatises and articles on those subjects. They also stay informed regarding recent developments through participation on key American Bar Association and other bar association committees.
Areas of Concentration
Alerts & Publications
- Client Alert, 10.27.2022
- Client Alert, 10.12.2022
- Client Alert, 4.12.2022
News & Events
- Firm News, 1.17.2023
- Firm News, 12.6.2022
- Firm News, 8.18.2022
- Firm News, 3.9.2022
- Counsel for public companies in manufacturing, bio-medical, technology and real estate industries in going private transactions including all filings with SEC.
- Venture capital financing for a home health care services corporation.
- Series C Preferred Stock Venture Capital Financing
- Preparation of numerous dividend reinvestment and share repurchase plans for public companies including all required filings with SEC.
- Represented experimental engine manufacturer in bridge financing of working capital needs
- Acted as counsel for issuers and for participating broker-dealer firms in many private securities offerings pursuant to SEC Regulation D, Regulation S and various state exemptions.
- Representation of technology company in Series A and Series B venture capital financings, including due diligence, bridge financing, investor documentation, employment agreements, etc.
- Assisted a pharmaceuticals company in several rounds of venture capital financing
- Acted as issuer’s counsel for initial public offering and follow on offering for real estate investment trust.
- Represented pharmaceuticals company in multiple-round preferred stock financings involving five venture capital investors
- 3rd tranche of Series B Preferred Stock Venture Capital Financing
- Representation of health services company in reverse merger with a public company as means of going public.
- Represented Santa Rosa Consulting in its $25 million equity capitalization by private equity investors
- Represented a machinery company in a sale to an ESOP and related commercial financing
- Acted as issuer’s counsel for the initial public offering of software company.
- Acted as issuer’s counsel for public debt offering for a financial services firm.
- Represented real estate development in private placement of LLC interests