Geaneen M. Arends
Geaneen M. Arends is a Shareholder practicing in Butzel Long's Detroit office. She concentrates her practice on general business law and commercial real estate.
Ms. Arends assists business clients with general business planning, entity formation and maintenance, mergers, acquisitions, private placements, woman-owned/minority-owned/disadvantaged business certification, insurance and risk management issues and general business contracts. She has also advised business clients on a variety of real estate transactions, including acquisition, development and leasing of multi-family residential, retail, office and industrial properties throughout the United States. She has represented both borrowers and lenders in multi-million dollar real estate financing transactions. Prior to joining Butzel Long, Ms. Arends was in-house counsel for a real estate investment and property management firm and previously practiced in the real estate groups of two prominent Detroit law firms.
Ms. Arends is a graduate of Michigan State University (B.A., History, 1994) and of Boston College Law School (J.D., 1998). She is admitted to the State Bar of Michigan and the United States District Court of the Eastern District of Michigan.
Ms. Arends is an alumna of Leadership Detroit, Class XXVII. She also serves on the Board of Trustees of the Detroit Historical Society, Detroit Public Television, and is a member of the Detroit Board Leadership Program Advisory Board. She is also a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation.
- Acquisition & Disposition
- Commercial Lending
- Corporate and Finance
- Education Industry Team
- Financial Services
- Land Development
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Minority Business Enterprise Specialty Team
- Non Profit Organizations
- Real Estate
- Real Estate Industry Team
- Title Insurance
- Womens Leadership Committee
- Boston College Law School Law School 1998, J.D.
- Michigan State University Undergraduate 1994, B.A.
Crain's Detroit Business - Notable Woman Attorney, 2017
M&A Advisor - Cross-Border M&A Deal of the Year (over $50MM – $100MM), 2016
Association for Corporate Growth, Detroit - All Star Deal of the Year Over $50 Million, 2015
Michigan Lawyers Weekly - Women in the Law, 2014
DBusiness Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit, Nonprofits/Charities Law, 2014; Corporate Law, 2018; Real Estate Law, 2014, 2017 & 2018; Mergers & Acquisitions Law, 2018
Detroit Public Television, Board of Trustees
Detroit Economic Club, Gold Member
Detroit Historical Society, Board of Trustees
Detroit Symphony Orchestra, Classical Roots Steering Committee
Detroit Board Leadership Program, Advisory Board Member
American Bar Foundation, Fellow
ICLE Real Property Law Advisory Board Member
- Butzel Long attorney Geaneen Arends named to serve on the Detroit Regional Chamber's Detroit Board Leadership Program Advisory Board
- Butzel Long attorneys Geaneen Arends and Clara DeMatteis Mager named to Crain’s Detroit Business’ 2017 Notable Women Lawyers in Michigan
- Legal tools, tips and advice for growing companies are focus of Butzel Long’s Detroit Business Symposium
- Butzel Long hosted 30 high school students during National Groundhog Job Shadow Day on February 1 in the firm’s Detroit office
- Commercial real estate and general business law attorney Geaneen M. Arends joins Butzel Long law firm
- June 18, 2019ICLE