Geaneen M. Arends
Geaneen M. Arends is a Shareholder practicing in Butzel Long's Detroit office. She concentrates her practice on general business law and commercial real estate.
Ms. Arends assists business clients with general business planning, entity formation and maintenance, mergers, acquisitions, private placements, woman-owned/minority-owned/disadvantaged business certification, insurance and risk management issues and general business contracts. She has also advised business clients on a variety of real estate transactions, including acquisition, development and leasing of multi-family residential, retail, office and industrial properties throughout the United States. She has represented both borrowers and lenders in multi-million dollar real estate financing transactions. Prior to joining Butzel Long, Ms. Arends was in-house counsel for a real estate investment and property management firm and previously practiced in the real estate groups of two prominent Detroit law firms.
Ms. Arends is a graduate of Michigan State University (B.A., History, 1994) and of Boston College Law School (J.D., 1998). She is admitted to the State Bar of Michigan and the United States District Court of the Eastern District of Michigan.
Ms. Arends is an alumna of Leadership Detroit, Class XXVII. She also serves on the Board of Trustees of the Detroit Historical Society and Detroit Public Television.
- Non Profit Organizations
- Business Planning
- Womens Leadership Committee
- Minority Business Enterprise Specialty Team
- Financial Services
- Real Estate
- Commercial Lending
- Title Insurance
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Real Estate Industry Team
- Land Development
- Corporate and Finance
- Acquisition & Disposition
- Michigan State University Undergraduate 1994, B.A.
- Boston College Law School Law School 1998, J.D.
M&A Advisor - Cross-Border M&A Deal of the Year (over $50MM – $100MM), 2016
Association for Corporate Growth, Detroit - All Star Deal of the Year Over $50 Million, 2015
Michigan Lawyers Weekly - Women in the Law, 2014
DBusiness Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit, Nonprofits/Charities Law, 2014; Real Estate Law, 2014, 2017; Mergers & Acquisitions Law, 2017
Detroit Public Television, Board of Trustees
Gold Member of the Detroit Economic Club
Detroit Historical Society, Board of Trustees
Detroit Symphony Orchestra, Classical Roots Steering Committee
ICLE Real Property Law Advisory Board Member
Royal Oak Woman's Club
Royal Oak Historical Society
Royal Oak Nature Society
- Butzel Long attorneys named to DBusiness magazine’s Top Lawyers in metro Detroit 2017
- Butzel Long attorneys featured during Detroit Startup Week panel program
- Butzel Long attorney Geaneen M. Arends elected to Detroit Public TV Board of Trustees
- Legal tools, tips and advice for growing companies are focus of Butzel Long’s Detroit Business Symposium
- Butzel Long elects shareholders
- Butzel Long attorneys named to DBusiness magazine’s Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit 2014
- Butzel Long hosted 30 high school students during National Groundhog Job Shadow Day on February 1 in the firm’s Detroit office
- Butzel Long sponsorship enables 10 Focus: HOPE students to attend Detroit Economic Club Meeting
- Commercial real estate and general business law attorney Geaneen M. Arends joins Butzel Long law firm