Nicholas J. Stasevich
Nicholas J. Stasevich is a shareholder based in Butzel Long's Detroit office. He is a graduate of the University of Michigan Law School (J.D., 1988), and Wayne State University (two B.A. degrees, with honors, 1985.) In 2002, he was appointed H.M. Consul-Honorary of the United Kingdom to the State of Michigan. He is listed in The Best Lawyers in America (Corporate Law).
Mr. Stasevich practices in the areas of international, corporate, antitrust, technology, and labor and employment law. He represents a broad range of companies with both domestic and multi-national operations in mergers and acquisitions, antitrust, joint ventures, employment matters, sales and distribution contracts, Foreign Corrupt Practices Act - global corporate compliance, global export control compliance, and other matters. His clients include publicly traded and closely held companies in automotive, computer software and systems integration and numerous other industries. His experience also includes advising both U.S. and foreign-based companies in the establishment of operations throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico, Europe, South America, Asia, Africa and Australia.
Mr. Stasevich has served as Chair of the International Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan and is also a member of the International Bar Association and the American Bar Association (International Law Section and Business Law Section). He has served as Chair of the Canadian Investment Committee and Chair of the European Investment Committee of the Detroit Regional Economic Partnership. His other activities have included the Detroit Committee on Foreign Relations; International Visitors Council; M.E.L.L. Detroit Public Schools Volunteer; and Volunteer Youth Counselor. Mr. Stasevich was a Research Fellow, Ministry of Foreign Economic Relations, Warsaw, Poland, and is a speaker/lecturer at numerous business, legal and community forums.
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation
- Automotive Industry Team
- Automotive Law
- China International Team
- Corporate and Finance
- Europe International Team
- Franchise & Distribution
- India International Team
- International Business
- International Trade and Customs Specialty Team
- Lex Mundi
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Mexico International Team
- Minority Business Enterprise Specialty Team
- Technology and E-Discovery Specialty Team
- University of Michigan Law School Law School 1988, J.D.
- Wayne State University Undergraduate 1985, B.A.
H.M. Consul-Honorary of the United Kingdom to the State of Michigan - appointed 2002
The Best Lawyers in America, Corporate Law, 2009-2019
DBusiness Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit, International Trade and Finance Law, 2011-2014, 2016-2019; Antitrust Law, 2013-2014; Corporate Law, 2013, 2015, 2016 & 2019; Mergers & Acquistions Law, 2016
Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Corporate/M&A, 2018
International Bar Association
American Bar Association - International Law Section Business Law Section
State Bar of Michigan - Chair of International Law Section
Canadian Investment Committee - past Chair
Detroit Regional Economic Partnership - past Chair of the European Investment Committee
Detroit Committee on Foreign Relations
International Visitors Council
M.E.L.L. Detroit Public Schools Volunteer
Volunteer Youth Counselor
- Represented a major international cement and concrete corporation accused by private litigants of participating in a several hundred million dollar antitrust price-fixing conspiracy.
- DBusiness Magazine
- Butzel Long’s Immigration Department is the only Michigan law firm recognized in Immigration ranking by Chambers USA 2016
- Butzel Long attorneys integral in developing business roundtable program during TANA Conference in Detroit
- Butzel Long attorneys named to The Best Lawyers in America® 2010: Forty-nine attorneys recognized in national listing
- November 11, 2016
- August 5, 2016
- January 13, 2009
- January 6, 2009
- December 16, 2008
- August 14, 2008