Butzel Long attorneys have assisted clients in establishing and operating successful businesses in Mexico for many years. Our attorneys effectively provide U.S., Canadian, Asian and European companies doing business in Mexico with a wide array of services such as identification of business opportunities, incorporating legal entities such as maquiladoras (IMMEX), shelters, site location, real estate, joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, tax, labor, immigration, customs, financing, intellectual property, litigation and government relations.
Our offices have excellent relations at all levels of the Mexican government and the ability to conduct business in English, Spanish and other languages. Our Washington, D.C., Detroit and New York offices are close to Mexican Consulates, and we work closely with them and the Trade Agencies of both countries to facilitate investment and trade in the NAFTA region.
Butzel Long offers a broad base of services within our Mexico legal practice and we efficiently assemble teams of attorneys and top third party service providers in fields such as site location shelter operators suppliers and customers identification human resources and payroll accounting and taxes management and treasury import and export clearance and regulations logistics and freight consolidation and environmental studies.
- ShareholderShareholderShareholderDirectorShareholderDirectorJump to PageAssociateAssociate
Alerts & Publications
News & Events
- Represented a Mexican corporation in the purchase of the exhaust system business from a major Tier 1 auto supplier in a Section 363 bankruptcy sale; facilities located throughout the world
- Provided preventative counseling on sending foreign expatriates to Mexico. Including immigration regulations, as well as labor and tax implication and employer sanctions
- Counsel for formation of Mexican joint venture
- Conducted in-house training on all areas related to doing business in Mexico
- $75 million acquisition of US and non-US assets; complex deal involved acquisition of stock and assets located in North America, Europe, Asia and South America
- Obtained all types of visas for Mexico, including tourist, business, technical, Board members, pre-approved work permits, change of status, permanent resident, Exit and Re-Entry permits, and renewals
- Represented clients in obtaining Mexican visas at various Mexican Embassies and Consulates abroad
- Coordinated the establishment of foreign corporate entities in Mexico, obtaining all necessary permits to carry out business and advise on all business related legal areas, in consistency with multi jurisdictional implications