Butzel's labor and employment law attorneys actively promote the use of various methods of alternative dispute resolution (ADR). Our standard approach for employment litigation matters includes consideration and pursuit of ADR upon a clients approval. We have significant experience in creating and evaluating pre-dispute resolution procedures, drafting employee arbitration clauses, and representing employers during mediation or arbitration.
Many of our attorneys are registered mediators and arbitrators who preside over mediations and assist adverse parties in reaching settlements. We are a sustaining member of the International Institute for Conflict Prevention and Resolutions (CPR) Institute of Dispute Resolution several team members are arbitrators for the American Arbitration Association and other arbitration organizations and we also serve as special mediators in complex labor and employment cases. Our firm is the only Michigan firm with attorneys that have been trained and admitted to Lex Mundi's College of Mediators, a global association of over 190 experienced lawyers specially trained to serve as mediators in diverse business disputes.
- ShareholderShareholderShareholderShareholderShareholderShareholderShareholderJump to PageShareholderAssociate
Alerts & Publications
News & Events
- Firm News, 7.22.2022
- 9.19.2012Butzel Long attorney John P. Hancock, Jr. quoted in article on implications of Chicago teachers' strike on rest of the country
- 9.19.2012Butzel Long attorney John P. Hancock, Jr. quoted in article on the impact of teacher unions
- 9.18.2012Butzel Long attorney John P. Hancock, Jr. discusses Chicago teachers strike in Christian Science Monitor
- 9.12.2012Butzel Long attorney John P. Hancock, Jr. discusses Chicago teachers strike in Law 360 article
- 9.11.2012Butzel Long attorney John P. Hancock, Jr. quoted in article on Chicago teacher strike
- 7.25.2012Butzel Long attorney John P. Hancock, Jr. quoted in Law 360 article on union-relations privilege
- 5.7.2012Butzel Long attorney John P. Hancock, Jr. quoted in MSNBC article on Yahoo CEO resume issue
- 2.25.2012Butzel Long attorney John P. Hancock, Jr. quoted in HR Compliance Law Bulletin article on moonlighting and employers' rights