Laura E. Johnson
Laura E. Johnson is a Shareholder based in Butzel Long's Bloomfield Hills office, practicing in the area of business and corporate law.
Ms. Johnson practices primarily in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, nonprofit organizations, corporate governance, entity formation and general corporate and business law. She advises clients in venture capital and private equity transactions.
Ms. Johnson is the co-chair of Butzel Long's Pro-Bono Committee and a member of the firm's Recruiting, Diversity and Retention Committee. She has also served as a member of OESA’s Young Leadership Council 3 and a member of its Talent Retention subcommittee.
Prior to joining Butzel Long, Ms. Johnson worked as a law clerk in the office of the General Counsel for DaimlerChrysler Financial Services Americas and also held several positions with DFCU Financial Federal Credit Union.
Ms. Johnson is a graduate of Michigan State University College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2009) where she was a member of Law Review and Executive Editor (2008-09). She also graduated from the University of Michigan (B.A., with honors, 2006).
Ms. Johnson is admitted to practice in Michigan State Courts, New York State Courts and the Federal District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. She is a member of the Federal Bar Association and the State Bar of Michigan.
- Delaware Rapid Arbitration Act
- Contributor to ABA’s The Developing Labor Law
- Contributor to Original Equipment Supplier Association (OESA) North American OEM Production P.O. Terms and Conditions Comparative Analysis
- University of Michigan 2006, B.A.
- Michigan State University College of Law 2009, J.D.
DBusiness Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit, Corporate Law, 2016-2018; Mergers & Acquisitions, 2017-2018
- New York
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
Federal Bar Association
State Bar of Michigan
- Represented and led negotiations in purchase of shares of medical company
- Represented client in cross-border sale of equity in U.S. entity with U.S. and international subsidiaries valued at over $120 million, including a pre-closing redemption and sale of French subsidiary and other complex tax, corporate and anti-trust issues
- Represented foreign company in acquisition of software companies in asset transactions, including management of due diligence
- Successfully defended and defeated class certification motions in a multi-million dollar Florida concrete antitrust action
- Successfully closed a complex, $50 million private equity financing including a reincorporation merger and a myriad of difficult pre-closing transactions
- Successfully negotiated dispute with large shareholder including redemption of shares and related tax and financing issues
- Represented and advised client in purchases of insurance companies
- March 26, 2019
- March 26, 2019
- April 14, 2015
- Sterling Heights, MI