Aaron Kamlay is a Shareholder practicing in Butzel Long's Washington D.C. office. Mr. Kamlay graduated from Vanderbilt University (J.D.) and the University of Evansville (B.S. Physics).
Aaron Kamlay has been practicing intellectual property law for over 15 years. His clients range from beginning startups looking to establish a new technology, to Fortune 100 companies looking to expand their IP portfolios. He specializes in complex prosecution and strategic portfolio management, acquisitions and divestitures of IP, and portfolio creation. Prior to joining Butzel Long, Aaron founded Morris & Kamlay with Gary Morris and worked at the IP specialty firms of Kenyon & Kenyon and Townsend and Townsend and Crew. He also advises clients in preparing patent portfolios for sales or acquisitions, and in evaluating portfolios for mergers and acquisitions. He has advised on deals totaling over $10 billion. In 2011, he co-founded Morris & Kamlay LLP, which specialized in strategic portfolio design, patent acquisition, licensing, and patent analysis.
- Vanderbilt University (J.D.)
- University of Evansville (B.S. Physics)
- Named a Rising Star 2012 by Superlawyers Magazine
- Morris & Kamlay LLP named IP M&A Law Firm of the year 2019 and Best in Complex IP Prosecutions 2019 by US Business News Legal Elite Awards
- Named Best Complex IP Prosecution Specialists 2020 and Recognized Leaders in Patent Valuation 2020 by US Business News Legal Elite Awards
- District of Columbia
- United States Patent and Trademark Office