A patent is a set of exclusive rights granted by a government entity to an inventor or assignee for a limited period of time. Our patent attorneys prepare and prosecute domestic and foreign patent applications for clients in the pharmaceutical, life sciences, automotive, technology, and higher education industries. We handle patent prosecution, appeals, reexaminations, and patent portfolio management.
- ShareholderShareholderShareholderOf CounselShareholderJump to PageOf CounselOf Counsel
Alerts & Publications
News & Events
- 2.1.2013Butzel Long attorney Claudia Rast quoted in the article, "How to protect your company's data" in the Nashville Business Journal
- Represented biotech company and university in patent infringement/inventorship action.
- Defended manufacturer in trade dress and patent infringement lawsuit
- Defended fastener corporation-patent licensee in two companion actions alleging patent and trademark infringement, and misappropriation of trade secrets.
- Represented research and development company in patent inventorship dispute.
- Defended manufacturer in patent infringement action
- Patent Prosecution: Drafted, prepared, filed and prosecuted numerous patent applications for major automotive suppliers
- Trademark and Patent Filings
- Defended Tier 1 automotive supplier in patent litigation involving universal garage door opener technology
- Defended automotive supplier against patent infringement
- Defended boat windshield manufacturer in patent infringement action
- Defended fiberglass manufacturer in patent/trade secret infringement action
- Defended manufacturer in appeal of patent infringement action
- Successfully defended automotive supplier in patent infringement action; validated 2 patents on summary judgment and another after trial.
- Trade secret lawsuits
- Defend manufacturer in patent infringement case
- Design patent and trade dress rights
- Defended manufacturer of roofing staple device in patent litigation
- Prevailed at trial in a multi-million dollar patent case for an automotive manufacturing client, invalidating the last of three patents that had been asserted against client.