Comprised of experienced media, intellectual property, commercial litigation, corporate, and employment attorneys, Butzel's Media Team has extensive experience in advising clients in print, film, television, gaming, and digital media sectors.
Our Team practices in the areas of:
- Media and First Amendment Litigation
- Access, Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), and Open Meetings Act (OMA)
- Advertising, Marketing, and Promotions
Butzel’s Media, Entertainment, and Digital Content Law Specialty Team is an active force in media and digital content law on state and national levels. Our clients include traditional media outlets with First Amendment, newsgathering, defamation, and access questions.
Our emerging technology clients and digital businesses receive advice on content publication, licensing rights, and data protection.
The Team supports our entertainment clients with pre-publication review, talent negotiation, production agreements, intellectual property protection, and licensing.
We advise clients with respect to publishing and royalty disputes, representing both publishers and authors.
Special options are available for our startup clients, such as customized bundled services and a range of alternative fee arrangements.
Alerts & Publications
- Client Alert, 7.20.2022
News & Events
- 8.25.2013Butzel Long attorneys Robin Luce Herrmann and Scott Patterson quoted in Crain's Detroit Business article titled "Post haste: Firms must be careful in developing social media policies"
- 5.25.2013Butzel Long attorney Robin Luce Herrmann was featured in The Macomb Daily article titled "The legal aspects of social media"
- 4.24.2013Butzel Long attorney Claudia Rast quoted in USA TODAY article titled "AP Twitter hack underscores social media pitfalls"
- 2.18.2013Butzel Long attorney Robin Luce Herrmann quoted in Crain's Detroit Business article on social media policy