Comprised of experienced media, intellectual property, commercial litigation, corporate, and employment attorneys, Butzel Long's Media Law Specialty Team has long-time, extensive experience in advising clients on social media and digital media including: agreements advertising and branding libel privacy data protection and cybercrimes copyright, trademark and patent registration and enforcement anonymous posters the Communications Decency Act the Digital Millennium Copyright Act international privacy protection endorsement issues content licensing and cybersquatting.
Among the services we offer are development of:
- Social Media Policies
- Privacy Policies
- Employment Policies
- Data Breach Policies
Additional services include:
- Web Development Contracts/Review
- Website Review
- Pre-publication Review
- Domain Assistance
- Trade Secret Review
- Management/Employee Training
- Intellectual Property Review of Assets
Our team offers customized audits for nominal sums that can be applied to follow up services.
We also offer special options for startups customized bundled services and a range of alternative fee arrangements.
- ShareholderShareholderShareholderDirectorShareholderShareholderShareholderJump to PageShareholderShareholder
Alerts & Publications
News & Events
- 8.25.2013Butzel Long attorneys Robin Luce Herrmann and Scott Patterson quoted in Crain's Detroit Business article titled "Post haste: Firms must be careful in developing social media policies"
- 5.25.2013Butzel Long attorney Robin Luce Herrmann was featured in The Macomb Daily article titled "The legal aspects of social media"
- 4.24.2013Butzel Long attorney Claudia Rast quoted in USA TODAY article titled "AP Twitter hack underscores social media pitfalls"
- 2.18.2013Butzel Long attorney Robin Luce Herrmann quoted in Crain's Detroit Business article on social media policy