Butzel has one of the most sophisticated and experienced Automotive Safety, Compliance, Product Liability, Recall and Warranty practices in the nation.
The team has extensive experience advising clients with regard to risk management, including developing risk identification and mitigation programs, as well as developing systems for monitoring compliance with TREAD reporting and NHTSA safety regulations.
Another particular area of expertise is national defense counsel work for suppliers of sophisticated automotive components, including anti-lock brake systems, rollover protection systems, tires and an array of safety components.
The team also prosecutes and defends complex commercial litigation relating to recall and warranty claims among and between OEMs and suppliers throughout the country.
The team has been successful in providing extremely cost effective representation through active litigation management and the careful use of information technology to control the scope and costs of discovery.
- ShareholderShareholderShareholderShareholderShareholderShareholderShareholderShareholderJump to PageDirectorShareholder
Alerts & Publications
- Client Alert, 6.16.2022
- Wards Auto, 12.10.2018
News & Events
- Firm News, 8.18.2022
- Obtained dismissal by summary disposition and summary judgment of asbestos claims
- National and Regional counsel for leading tire manufacturers in tread separation and other catastrophic personal injury cases.
- Lead supplier counsel on several bet the farm OEM/Tier I warranty and recall disputes with demands ranging from $25 to $125 million.
- Obtained a summary disposition for a tire failure case