Ivonne M. Soler
Ivonne M. Soler is an associate based in Butzel Long's Detroit office. She concentrates her practice in the areas of family law litigation and commercial litigation. Ivonne represents clients with family and domestic relations issues, including divorce, property division, spousal support, child support, child custody and parenting time, change of domicile, pre and post-nuptial agreements, post-judgment enforcement, adoption and assisted reproduction (family building) issues. Ivonne also represents clients in general matters pertaining to business and commercial litigation, including breach of contract actions and non-compete, trade secrets, and unfair competition disputes.
Ms. Soler is a graduate of the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2013) and Wayne State University (B.A., cum laude, 2006). While in law school, Ms. Soler served as the Associate Director of the Moot Court Board of Advocates, the President of Conexiones: The UDM Hispanic Law Society, and a member of the Dean's Honor Society. Ms. Soler also enjoyed many honors while in law school, including book awards for the highest grade in Legal Writing and Trial Practice. She was also the winner of the 2012 Patrick A. Keenan Memorial Appellate Advocacy Tournament.
A native of Puerto Rico and fluent in Spanish, Ms. Soler is actively involved with the Hispanic Bar Association (HBAM) and the Women's Lawyer's Association of Michigan (WLAM).
- Business & Commercial Litigation
- Custody & Parenting Issues
- Divorce & Annulment
- Family Law and Personal Services
- Insurance Coverage
- International Trade and Customs Specialty Team
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Minority Business Enterprise Specialty Team
- Non-Compete & Trade Secret
- Relationship and Marriage Planning
- Trade Secret & Non-Compete Specialty Team
- Womens Leadership Committee
- Wayne State University 2006, B.A.
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law 2013, J.D.
DBusiness Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit, Family Law, 2018 & 2019
State Bar of Michigan
Federal Bar Association
Hispanic Bar Association (HBAM)
Women's Lawyer's Association of Michigan (WLAM)
- September 5, 2019
- August 29, 2019
- Trade Secrets v. Patents: How they are similar, how they are different, and is one better than the other?August 15, 2019
- Trade Secret Theft Makes Strange Bedfellows: Tesla seeks Apple's Assistance in its Pursuit of Trade Secret Theft Claims Against its Former EngineerAugust 6, 2019
- August 2, 2019
- A Call for Federal Overreach? Michigan's Attorney General Joins the Growing Misguided Attack on Non-Compete & No-Poach AgreementsJuly 22, 2019
- June 24, 2019
- May 31, 2019
- Employers and Franchisors Beware: Washington Enacts New Non-Compete Law Aimed at Protecting “Low Wage” Employees While Targeting Employers and Franchisors with PenaltiesMay 30, 2019
- May 9, 2019