Butzel’s media attorneys represent the press and other clients in matters involving access to public records and proceedings including under the Freedom of Information Act and the Open Meetings Act. Our team assists clients in overcoming denial of records, denial of entrance into meetings, and other various restrictions that prohibit media personnel from obtaining the information needed to complete the story and inform the public.
Alerts & Publications
- The Bulletin, 1.1.2019
- Communications Lawyer, 10.1.2018
News & Events
- Firm News, 6.21.2022
- WJR - 760AM, 11.12.2019
- The Detroit News, 8.27.2019
- 10.7.2013Butzel Long attorney Robin Luce Herrmann quoted in MLive article titled "Steve Miller: Michigan Strategic Fund follows letter of open meetings act, but not its spirit"
- 9.25.2013Butzel Long attorney Robin Luce Herrmann quoted in wwmt.com article titled "Aeronautics board accepts resignation of former airport director"
- 2.1.2013Butzel Long attorney Claudia Rast quoted in the article, "How to protect your company's data" in the Nashville Business Journal
- 7.16.2012Butzel Long attorney Robin Luce Herrmann discusses the proposed amendment regarding video recording rules in Michigan Court of Appeals