Finance & Restructuring
The health care industry continues to be one of the most dynamic industries in the United States. Butzel Longs health care attorneys provide their clients with years of experience in the areas of finance and restructuring. Our attorneys use their extensive knowledge to assist and counsel their clients in planning and negotiating a variety of health care financial transactions.
In health care matters, Butzel Longs Health Care Finance and Restructuring practice is complemented by the firm's vast experience with the complex regulations governing the industry. Our attorneys work diligently to address the full range of issues that financially distressed health care businesses encounter. Whether representing health care businesses, lenders, or equity sponsors, our health care attorneys have the skills and experience needed to work through financial challenges and develop creative transactional and/or litigation solutions.
Health care is one of the most heavily regulated industries within the U.S. economy and presents numerous restructuring challenges. Our attorneys face these challenges head-on. Butzel Longs attorneys have years of experience in bond financing, bankruptcy and restructuring, health care regulatory, corporate, and finance matters. Our professionals are familiar with the models that many health care businesses are based upon and how certain transactions have been structured. As a result, Butzel Longs attorneys are positioned to quickly identify issues and advise health care clients on strategies for dealing with a financially distressed situation or restructuring.
- Represented a full service non-profit community supported hospital as a debtor in possession in Chapter 11 proceedings
- Negotiated synthetic lease transactions
- Venture capital financing for a home health care services corporation.
- The Autonomous Patient: Southeast Michigan Entrepreneurs Driving Health Care III on March 20 in LivoniaFebruary 27, 2019
- June 9, 2011
- February 28, 2011
- Butzel Long attorney Robert H. Schwartz appointed to Michigan Health & Hospital Association Health Information Strategy CommitteeSeptember 16, 2010
- Butzel Long attorney Robert H. Schwartz appointed to Michigan Health & Hospital Association Committee on Hospital-Physician AlignmentAugust 17, 2010
- October 22, 2008
- July 22, 2014