Priya Dalal counsels clients in all stages of patent litigation including conducting fact and expert discovery, preparing for 30(b)(6) and expert depositions and comprehensive trial strategies. Ms. Dalal’s experience also includes participating in inter partes review (IPR) and other US Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) proceedings. She also assists clients with matters such as provisional and non-provisional patent applications, analyzing patent portfolios, and maintaining IP counseling dockets.
While in law school, Ms. Dalal worked as a judicial extern to the Honorable William H. Orrick, III, Northern District of California, where she drafted preliminary drafts of orders in patent infringement matters and engaged in case analyses with fellow clerks. She also worked as a summer associate at a Washington, D.C. intellectual property firm where she assisted with a variety of patent matters including litigation, client counseling, and patent application prosecution.
Ms. Dalal is an Associate practicing in Butzel’s Washington, D.C. office. She received her juris doctor from the University of North Carolina School of Law. Her undergraduate degrees in Biotechnology (M.S.) and Biology (B.S.) provide her with an advantage in understanding the biochemical, pharmaceutical, and biotechnology industries with a perspective that is unique from many intellectual property attorneys.
Primary Practice Areas
All Related Practice Areas
University of North Carolina School of Law (J.D.)
Johns Hopkins University (M.S., Biotechnology)
The College of New Jersey, Honors College (B.S., Biology)
- District of Columbia
- Registered Patent Attorney
- District of Columbia Bar
- NC Journal of Law and Technology, Articles Editor, University of North Carolina School of Law (Fall 2018-Spring 2019), Member (Fall 2017-Spring 2018)
- Asian American Law Student Association Moot Court Team, University of North Carolina School of Law (Fall 2017- Spring 2019)
- Carolina Intellectual Property Law Association, Executive Board Member, University of North Carolina School of Law (Fall 2016-Spring 2019)
- Plant Biodiversity Laboratory, Senior Researcher, The College of New Jersey, Honors College (Fall 2012-Spring 2015)
- American Parliamentary Debate Association, Executive Board Member, The College of New Jersey, Honors College (Fall 2012-Spring 2015)