Robert P. Perry
Robert P. Perry has extensive experience in many facets of estate and business succession planning and sophisticated business succession and estate leveraging tools including the preparation and implementation of buy-sell agreements, irrevocable life insurance trusts, charitable remainder and lead trusts, generation-skipping and "dynasty" trusts, personal residence trusts, grantor retained annuity trusts, split dollar insurance planning, family limited partnerships and limited liability companies and planning for distributions from qualified plans and individual retirement accounts. Mr. Perry has also obtained substantial experience in miscellaneous probate and trust issuance, tax compliance and estate tax audit and internal revenue service litigation matters.
Mr. Perry is a frequent lecturer on various estate planning topics, including estate planning for qualified plan assets and individual retirement accounts and using charitable planning techniques for qualified plan assets. Mr. Perry has also published articles on estate planning and tax topics.
- Wayne State University Law School 1997, LL.M. Taxation
- University of Michigan 1985, B.A.
- University of Michigan Law School 1988, J.D.
Best Lawyers in America, Trusts and Estates, 2018 & 2019
DBusiness Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit, Tax Law, 2016 Trusts and Estates, 2011, 2012, 2014 & 2018
State Bar of Michigan - Probate and Estate Planning Section
Oakland County Financial and Estate Planning Council
Oakland County Bar Association - Probate Estate and Trust Committee
Collier County Bar Association - Trust and Estate Section
- Provided complex Estate Planning services for numerous Senior Executive level individuals from major automotive manufacturers.
- Handled the administration of several estates in excess of $100 million.
- Created numerous private charitable foundations.
- Provided estate and succession planning services for some of the wealthiest individuals in Michigan.
- Actively involved in the administration of one of the largest estates in Michigan.