Butzel Long Taxation and Succession Planning Institute plans half-day seminar on May 18 in Troy
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
DETROIT, Mich. – The Butzel Long Taxation and Succession Planning Institute is planning its annual half-day seminar from 7:15 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Wednesday, May 18, 2011 at the Troy Marriott at 200 West Big Beaver in Troy.
The seminar is designed for Certified Public Accountants (CPA) and financial planners. The attendance fee is $95 per person and includes a continental breakfast, lunch and comprehensive planning materials. A complimentary meeting to discuss the planning will be available to attendees. Michigan Certified Public Accountants (CPA) are eligible to receive five Continuing Education Credits (CPE) for participating in the seminar. Financial planners are eligible for five Certified Financial Planner (CFP) credits. There is eligibility for two continuing education (CE) credits in Life/Health as well.
Seminar topics include:
- Estate Tax Legislation Affecting 2010 Decedents, Existing Estate Plans, and Life Insurance Strategies
- State Tax Reform in Michigan
- Worker Classification: How to Protect Your Clients with Independent Contractors
- Health Care Reform Revisited
- Michigan Business Law Update
- Federal Income Tax Round-Up
- Accounting and Trust Administration Issues under the new Michigan Trust Code and the Michigan Revised Uniform Principal and Income Act
- IRS Audits and Family Limited Partnerships and LLCs: The New and Bold IRS Approach
The seminar will feature Butzel Long attorneys including: David W. Sommerfeld, W. Patrick Dreisig, Robert M. Nemzin, Terry O. Lang, Terry E. Kasiborski, Jr., Roberta P. Granadier, Robert H. Schwartz, James C. Bruno, Sean H. Cook, Amy L. Glenn and Robert P. Perry.
Seating is limited and registration is required. Register online at www.butzel.com. For inquiries, call Tina Chen at (313) 983-7449.
The Butzel Long Taxation and Succession Planning Institute include attorneys who have a long history of serving businesses and individuals with their tax, estate planning and succession planning needs.
About Butzel Long
Established in 1854, Butzel Long is a leading law firm with offices in Detroit, Bloomfield Hills, Lansing and Ann Arbor, Michigan, New York City, and Washington, D.C., as well as Alliance offices in Beijing, Shanghai, Mexico City and Monterrey. The firm is also a member of the Washington D.C. law firm, Butzel Long Tighe Patton. Butzel Long represents clients from diverse industries on regional, national, and multi-national levels and is a member of Lex Mundi, a global association of 160 independent law firms. Visit the Butzel Long website at www.butzel.com.
* * * * *
Media Contact: Maribeth Farkas at Caponigro Public Relations Inc.,
- ShareholderShareholderShareholderJump to PageShareholderShareholder