Joshua J. Chinsky
Josh is a Shareholder based in Butzel Long’s Detroit office. He focuses his practice on white collar criminal defense, investigations, and compliance matters. Josh has extensive experience counseling clients conducting internal investigations, navigating federal and state criminal and regulatory violations, and advising on military and national security-related issues.
Prior to joining Butzel Long, Josh served as Corporate Counsel and Deputy Director, Studies and Analyses, for a Washington, D.C. area consulting company. He also served in the United States Marine Corps as a judge advocate. While on active duty, he prosecuted contested jury trials and served as a legal advisor to commanders, servicemembers, and dependents. Josh continues to serve as a judge advocate in the Marine Corps Reserve.
Josh is a graduate of the Duke University School of Law, where he received the Bidlake Award for legal writing and was an editor of Law and Contemporary Problems. He also received his BA from the University of Michigan, graduating with highest distinction and Phi Beta Kappa.
Josh is admitted to practice in the states of Michigan and Georgia, and before United States Courts-Martial.
- Duke University Law School 2009, J.D.
- University of Michigan 2004, B.A.
DBusiness Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit, White Collar Criminal Defense, 2020-2021
Military Officers Association of America
Phi Beta Kappa
United States Marine Corps Reserve
- Governor Whitmer Signs Bills Making First-time Offenders of “Operating While Intoxicated” (“OWI”) Eligible to Set Aside ConvictionsAugust 26, 2021
- March 16, 2021
- Federal Prosecutors Directed To Again Focus on An Individualized Assessment of Relevant Facts in Charging DecisionsFebruary 3, 2021
- January 14, 2021
- July 10, 2020
- June 4, 2020
- What You Need To Do if You are in the Aerospace and/or Defense Industries and Your Business is Exempt from the “Stay Home” Order, And What You Need To Do Even if it is NotMarch 24, 2020
- March 19, 2020
- March 6, 2020
- January 15, 2020