Jennifer E. Consiglio
Jennifer Consiglio is a shareholder practicing in Butzel Long’s Business Law Department. She serves as a trusted advisor to both private and public clients in all aspects of formation, governance, contracting, and operations; complex business transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, restructurings, private debt and equity financings, and private and public offerings; and securities law compliance.
She serves as Treasurer and council member of the State Bar of Michigan Business Law Section which, among other things, monitors Michigan’s business laws and advises on their amendment from time to time. She is a member and former Chair of Butzel Long’s Pro-Bono Committee and actively involved in providing pro bono legal services as well as other community service-related activities.
Jennifer is recognized among America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, Corporate/M&A by Chambers USA, and rated one of the Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit for Corporate Law and Mergers & Acquisitions Law by DBusiness. She has also been recognized as one of 25 Women in Law by Michigan Lawyers Weekly, and as a Rising Star in M&A by Michigan Super Lawyers.
She is an Honors and Order of the Coif graduate of The George Washington University Law School, where she was Executive Notes Editor of The George Washington University International Law Review, and earned her Bachelor’s degree cum laude from Georgetown University (School of Foreign Service).
Jennifer is admitted to practice law in the State of Michigan and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Business Partnerships, Joint Ventures, and LLCs
- Commercial Lending
- Corporate and Finance
- Corporate Governance
- Emerging Technology
- Financial Services
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Mutual Funds/Registered Funds
- Private Equity
- Social Media, Privacy & Technology Specialty Team
- Womens Leadership Committee
- Georgetown University Undergraduate 1995, B.S.
- George Washington University Law School Law School 2000, J.D.
Michigan Lawyers Weekly - recognized as one of 25 Women in Law, 2013
Michigan Super Lawyers, Rising Star Mergers and Acquisitions, 2013
DBusiness Top Lawyers in Metro Detroit, Corporate Law, 2017 & 2018 Mergers & Acquisitions Law, 2018
Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business, Corporate/M&A, 2018
American Bar Association
Bar of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
State Bar of Michigan
Oakland County Bar Association
- Assisted an international polymers manufacturer in numerous acquisitions of U.S. based companies
- Representation of health services company in reverse merger with a public company as means of going public.
- Successfully closed a complex, $50 million private equity financing including a reincorporation merger and a myriad of difficult pre-closing transactions
- Represented Santa Rosa Consulting in its $25 million equity capitalization by private equity investors
- Closed on Series D venture capital financing
- Represented global polymers manufacturer in acquisition of assets of Hydro Components Research and Development Corporation.
- Represented a private equity investor in the lengthy and complicated effort to purchase all of Ford Motor Company's glass manufacturing operations in North America
- July 30, 2015
- Social Media, Privacy, and Technology - Protecting Your Digital Investment & Brand is Critical to your BusinessOctober 3, 2012
- Client Alert - Investment Management - SEC Adopts Final Dodd-Frank Definition of Accredited InvestorDecember 23, 2011
- November 1, 2011
- Client Alert - Investment Management - SEC Adopts Inflation Adjusted Definition of “Qualified Client” Under The Investment Advisers ActJuly 20, 2011
- Client Alert - Investment Management - SEC Adopts Significant Implementing Rules For Investment Advisers Under Dodd-Frank ActJuly 5, 2011
- November 29, 2010
- July 23, 2010
- July 12, 2010
- March 1, 2010
- February 8, 2010
- September 1, 2009
- August 11, 2009
- August 7, 2009
- February 20, 2009
- August 1, 2008
- July 23, 2008
- July 21, 2008
- February 19, 2008
- January 1, 2008
- Sterling Heights, MI