He Xian is an associate attorney in Butzel Long’s Lansing office. His practice concentrates on business, immigration, and foreign investment in the U.S. Mr. Xian has been instrumental in developing and serving Butzel’s existing and potential clients based in China.
Mr. Xian assists and guides foreign companies in establishing their operations in the United States. Mr. Xian also has experiences in immigrant and non-immigrant visa petitions for multinational managers/executives, intra-company transferees, entrepreneurs, and investors.
Mr. Xian is a graduate of Michigan State University College of Law (J.D.) and University of Georgia (B.A.). Mr. Xian also earned a certificate in Chinese Legal System from Peking University in Beijing, China.
Mr. Xian served as the Senior Vice President for Chinese Students Association at the University of Georgia from 2011 to 2012. Mr. Xian is a member and the general counsel at Association of International Investors, a member at Atlanta Chinese Writers Association, a member at Southern Sociological Society, and a member at North America Chinese Engine Engineers Association.
Mr. Xian also studies sociology of stratification, perception, and related policy issues. His research has primarily focused on perceived equity and associated implications on tax, welfare, and immigration policies. Mr. Xian’s works have appeared in Atlanta Chinese Newspaper, Research in Stratification and Social Mobility, and The Sociological Quarterly.
- “Bootstraps, Buddies, and Bribes: Perceived Meritocracy in China and the United States”, He Xian and Jeremy E. Reynolds, The Sociological Quarterly, December 2017
- Perception of Meritocracy in the Land of Opportunity", Jeremy E. Reynolds and He Xian on, Research in Stratification and Social Mobility, June 2014
- “Philosophy of Nothingness”, He Xian, Atlanta Chinese Newspaper, April 2008.
- Peking University School of Law,
- University of Georgia, B.A.
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D.
Member – North America Chinese Engine Engineers Association (2017 - present)
Member – Midwest Sociological Society (2017 - present)
Member - Southern Sociological Society (2016 - present)
Member and General Counsel – Association of International Investors (2015 - present)
Member – Atlanta Chinese Writers Association (2008 - present)
Senior Vice President – Chinese Students Association at University of Georgia (2011 - 2012)
Executive Member – Atlanta Chinese Writers Association (2010 - 2011)
- October 15, 2018
- Automated Vehicles 3.0: A Movement towards Streamlining Exemptions and Mitigating Unintended Regulatory BarriersOctober 8, 2018
- October 5, 2018
- September 18, 2018
- September 7, 2018
- President Issues New Steel/Aluminum Section 232 Proclamations to Create Additional Exclusion Process for Exempt Countries Subject to QuotasAugust 31, 2018
- Trump Administration Reaches Preliminary NAFTA Agreement with Mexico; Seeking Canada’s Buy-In by Friday, Trump Re-Introduces Threat of 232 Auto Tariffs Opposed by U.S. Auto IndustryAugust 29, 2018
- No End in Sight: USTR Announces Implementation of Section 301 Tariffs on Additional $16B of Chinese Products; China Fires Back ImmediatelyAugust 9, 2018
- Proposed Section 301 Tariffs On Additional $200B Goods Imported From China Increased From 10% to 25%; Deadline For Comments ExtendedAugust 2, 2018
- June 28, 2018