OESA Breaking the Code: Software Ts and Cs
Special Terms and Conditions (Ts and Cs) for software and related items are becoming more and more commonplace for OEM customers. Several OEMs have already added software-specific language to their general Ts and Cs. How suppliers should approach software issues differs greatly from how they approach goods and services in a contract.
Supplier professionals in sales, purchasing, engineering and legal functional roles are invited to gain insight on the 5 major issues regarding OEM Software Ts and Cs at the 2022 OESA Breaking the Code: Software Ts and Cs. Presented virtually by seasoned attorneys Jennifer Dukarski, Shareholder, and Mitchell Zajac, Shareholder, from Butzel Long, the event will offer insights on:
- The Reality of Software Warranties: Duration, Cost, and Breadth of Commitments
- Ownership under Software Ts and Cs: When Derivatives and Uses Translate to “What’s Mine Is Theirs”
- Regulatory Risk and Guidance: How NHTSA’s Guidelines and Possible Critical Infrastructure Regulations Impact Security and Design
- The Risk of Open-Source Strategies: The Impact of Your Software Bill of Materials, Copyleft and Cascading Rights Under the Ts and Cs
- The Most Critical Part of the Agreement: What’s in the Software Specifications and What Is a Defect?
Each topic will be covered emphasizing the areas of greatest interest to attendees. Deep-dive topics will be selected by polling throughout the session.
Following the presentations will be an interactive Q&A session with the Butzel attorneys facilitated by Ginger Juncker, Vice President, Programming, OESA.