Steven R. Eatherly
Steve Eatherly is an associate practicing in Butzel Long’s Detroit office. Mr. Eatherly focuses his practice in the firm’s Business & Commercial Litigation Group, serving businesses, municipalities, and individuals.
Mr. Eatherly received his B.A. in history, summa cum laude, from the University of Detroit Mercy. He then went on to obtain his Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, from the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law in 2016. While in law school, Mr. Eatherly served as an Executive Editor for the University of Detroit Mercy Law Review, a member of the Moot Court Board of Advocates, and president of the Federalist Society – Detroit Mercy Student Chapter. He also played for the UDM Law Hockey Team.
Prior to joining Butzel Long, Mr. Eatherly was a law clerk to Justice Brian K. Zahra of the Michigan Supreme Court. During law school, he worked as a judicial intern to Chief Judge Gerald E. Rosen of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, the Michigan Court of Appeals – Prehearing Research Division, and Judge Jennifer M. Faunce of the Macomb County Circuit Court.
When off-the-clock, Mr. Eatherly enjoys playing hockey, golfing, running, and watching Detroit’s professional sports teams.
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, 2016
- University of Detroit Mercy, BA, summa cum laude, 2013
Frank Murphy Honor Society
Books Awards for Excellence in Torts, Criminal Law, Constitutional Law, Evidence, Criminal Procedure, Secured Transactions, and First Amendment
Federalist Society – Michigan Lawyers Chapter, Communications Chair
Oakland County Bar Association
State Bar of Michigan
- November 13, 2020
- Michigan Lawmakers Propose Legislation that May Protect Your Business from Civil Liability Regarding COVID-19 ClaimsSeptember 11, 2020
- May 21, 2020
- March 30, 2020
- What To Know: Highlights of the $2 Trillion Federal Coronavirus (COVID-19) Rescue Package (CARES Act) for Small and Mid-Sized BusinessesMarch 28, 2020
- Michigan Small Business Relief Program to Provide Grants & Loans to Michigan Small Businesses Impacted by COVID-19March 23, 2020
- “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road” and how COVID-19 could forever change the need for oral argument and why the written brief is all too important.March 23, 2020
- February 6, 2020