Relationship and Marriage Planning
Butzel Long's family law attorneys provide expert, mature, and creative solutions relating to relationship planning. We have worked extensively with clients in both pre- and post-nuptial agreements and non-marital cohabitation agreements. Our approach is a hands-on treatment that clients expect from smaller, boutique firms, and yet we provide all of the advantages and resources that only a large firm can offer. We feel that this approach is crucial to effectively addressing contentious legal issues and significant asset ownership.
We excel in the technical and specialized areas of valuation of a spouse's corporate benefits and deferred compensation, which may either comprise a substantial portion of a divorce, or affect the content of a pre- or post-nuptial agreement.
- Represented professionals and/or spouses in matters involving high wage earners, spousal support and the tax consequences arising therefrom.
- Represented parties seeking change of domicile as part of a job transfer or remarriage.
- Represented parties seeking to enforce Judgments and/or Settlement Agreements.
- Drafted numerous Prenuptial Agreements and other forms of contracts between partners in an intimate relationship.
- June 9, 2011
- Butzel Long matrimonial attorney Edward D. Gold to moderate panel at the State Bar of Michigan's Family Law Section Summer meeting in Traverse CityJuly 13, 2009
- Butzel Long attorneys Frederick G. Buesser III and David F. DuMouchel to be honored during Best Lawyers 25th Anniversary EventMarch 31, 2009
- October 22, 2008