Butzel Long attorney Jennifer Consiglio named to Michigan Lawyers Weekly’s ‘Go To Business Lawyers’ list
BLOOMFIELD HILLS, Mich. – Butzel Long attorney Jennifer (Jen) Consiglio is one of 20 attorneys named to Michigan Lawyers Weekly’s “Go To Business Lawyers” list. The newly launched program honors leading lawyers in a particular field of law as nominated by their peers.
Notably, a “Michigan Go To Lawyer” is:
- An expert in his or her field, well-versed in the nuances of the case law, statutes and regulations clients will encounter.
- Experienced, with a record of success in many cases and/or transactions.
- A lawyer to whom other lawyers make referrals because of his or her expertise and accomplishments.
- A lawyer who can think creatively and identify all options for a client.
- A lawyer you would name when a friend needs legal help.
- A lawyer you might call yourself if you needed legal help in his or her field of expertise.
Consiglio is a member of Butzel Long’s Business Law Department. She practices in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, securities regulation, corporate finance, corporate governance, and general business law.
She is the immediate past Chair and active member of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan. In fulfilling its mission to foster the highest quality of professionalism and practice in business law and to cultivate a competitive business climate in Michigan, the section monitors Michigan’s business laws and advises on their amendment from time to time, and provides educational, networking and mentoring opportunities for business lawyers in the state. She is a past Chair and active member of Butzel Long’s Pro-Bono Committee and actively involved in providing pro bono legal services as well as other community service-related activities in the metro Detroit and Flint areas.
Consiglio is ranked by Chambers USA in the field of corporate law/mergers and acquisitions, included in Michigan Super Lawyers, and named numerous times by DBusiness Magazine as a Top Lawyer in Metro Detroit for corporate law and mergers and acquisitions. She also has been recognized as one of 25 Women in Law by Michigan Lawyers Weekly.
She is an Honors and Order of the Coif graduate of The George Washington University Law School, where she was Executive Notes Editor of The George Washington University International Law Review, and earned her Bachelor of Science degree cum laude from Georgetown University (School of Foreign Service).