What differentiates our law firm from any other? Ultimately, it is our culture. At Butzel Long, our values are central to our culture, and these values attract a certain lawyer. We believe our recruiting efforts are critical to our success and are diligent about accessing talent whose values align with ours.
POSITION: Cash Receipts Coordinator
GENERAL PURPOSE: Work in a collaborative environment to post daily cash receipts to client accounts for all offices Firm wide.
- Process, post and verify all client payments daily including checks, credit cards, wire transfers and ACH payments.
- Apply company policies and control procedures in the handling of client payments.
- Process all incoming/outgoing client trust transactions daily.
- Communicate with responsible Attorneys, Secretaries and A/R Manager regarding payment discrepancies.
- Monitor online banking activity (incoming/outgoing wire transfers) daily.
- Maintain monthly check registers for multiple bank accounts.
- Complete all required documentation to set-up ACH and wire payments as requested by clients.
- Complete month-end balancing of cash receipts, credit adjustments and accounts receivable write-offs.
- Assist Accounting Manager with discrepancies on bank reconciliations.
- Follow appropriate authorization requirements for applying pre-paid fees and retainers.
- Assist with annual research and reduction of unallocated credits.
- Assist with projects and audits as requested.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work in a team environment with a positive attitude.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Flexible to overtime, as needed, to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Ability to adhere to all firm policies and procedures.
- This position may require the ability to adapt to new technologies and/or add new job duties as directed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING:
- Law Firm experience preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to learn new accounting software.
- Excellent computer skills a must.
- Accounting experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred, but not required.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
For information regarding current career opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.