Butzel Long attorneys guide clients thorough the complex maze of governmental and regulatory approvals and requirements associated with real estate developments, business transactions, compliance audits, regulatory inspections, and day-to-day operations. We advise on compliance and permitting issues relating to virtually every major federal environmental law, including the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act, the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), the Comprehensive Environmental Response Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), the Toxic Substances Control Act, the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide, and Rodenticide Act (FIFRA), the Endangered Species Act, the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), and their state and local counterparts. Our team also assists with state groundwater regulations, state Brownfield laws, state watershed laws, and local zoning ordinances.
Butzel Longs environmental attorneys have been environmental consultants and in-house counsel for solid and hazardous waste companies. This gives us real-world experience in the solid and hazardous waste business. We provide practical counsel on all aspects of solid waste facilities, including community negotiations permitting transportation and disposal contracting landfill and treatment facility siting landfill closure and redevelopment methane recovery property acquisition recycling facilities TSD facilities and composting facilities.
- ShareholderShareholderJump to PageShareholderShareholder
Alerts & Publications
News & Events
- Assisting with PUD approval, condo documents, along with wetland, shoreland and sewer water permits for a 450-acre lakefront residential development
- Conducted environmental due diligence and organized a transfer of environmental permits for the purchase of a portable energy production facility
- Assisted Developer in obtaining a unique 2007 Wetland Permit that allowed the construction of a wetland shelf for sediments and dredging
- Assisted clients in obtaining permits and defending action in alleged disturbance of an endangered species (eagles).
- Ongoing representation of numerous solid waste and recycling companies on a variety of landfill compliance & permitting issues.
- Various enforcement actions pursuant to Wayne County's air regulations against companies such as local steel and automotive corporations
- Represented numerous clients in obtaining, modifying and or transferring air permits.
- Represented major manufacturer in negotiating complex remedial action plan.
- Counsel clients as to regulatory and health-based cleanup requirements.
- Represented manufacturing company with respect to multimedia inspection by state and US EPA
- Review and analyze environmental due diligence reports, and purchase agreements on behalf of buyers, sellers, and lenders, and advise as to potential environmental liability and available protections.
- Assisted client in purchasing, tax incentives and permits of alternative fuel, R&D facility
- Successfully represented client in dispute with DEQ over wetland delineation for 50 acre development.