Butzel's criminal defense team has represented corporations and individuals under civil and criminal investigation for violation of federal and state environmental laws by the United States Department of Justice, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Michigan Department of Environmental Quality, and local government agencies such as municipal water and sewage departments.
We have handled all stages of the investigative process. From search warrants and grand jury investigations through the filing of an indictment or a complaint, we interact with federal and state prosecutors and law enforcement officials to secure the best possible outcome for our clients including decisions not to prosecute whenever possible. Should an investigation result in a formal charge, our trial attorneys have handled many criminal investigations, complex federal and state criminal jury trials, and appeals.
- ShareholderJump to PageShareholderShareholder
Alerts & Publications
News & Events
- Represent client after it was "raided" by US EPA
- Represented numerous individual and corporate defendants facing federal criminal prosecution arising from allegations of wire and mail fraud, tax fraud, insider trading, healthcare fraud, environmental crimes, theft of trade secrets and drug conspiracy
- Represented executive of an environmental company charged with criminal violations of the Clean Water Act and related environmental statutes
- Conducted internal investigation and alleged environmental violations by public company.