Telecommunications and Technology
The telecommunications and technology industries continue to evolve as technology, laws and policies change. Butzel Long lawyers have the expertise and experience to help your business navigate through this rapidly shifting landscape.
The firm provides business, transactional, regulatory, litigation and government relations counsel to clients in all segments of the telecommunications and technology industries. We represent clients before the Federal Communications Commission, Congress, the Federal Trade Commission, the Patent and Trademark Office, the Copyright Office and other federal and state regulatory agencies, as well as before federal and state courts.The firm also handles a broad range of commercial matters for companies in the telecommunications and technology industries.
Our attorneys have significant experience in structuring, negotiating and implementing complex contracts and transactions, including those related to the purchase, sale and use of communications, media and technology properties and spectrum assets. We also provide transactional and other support to software companies, assisting them with sales and licensing agreements, service contracts, teaming agreements, joint ventures and other arrangements. Our lawyers work with telecommunications and technology companies seeking to enter foreign markets and with foreign companies seeking to do business in the United States.
The firm has represented clients in all facets of Federal Communications Commission activities, including licensing, rulemakings, equipment approvals, spectrum allocations, auctions, tariffs, reporting obligations, rate of return prescriptions, Universal Service Fund and Schools and Libraries submissions, investigations, complaint proceedings and enforcement proceedings.
Butzel Long's clients have included broadband providers, common carriers, fixed and mobile wireless providers, broadcasters, CLECs, international carriers, cable companies, satellite companies, Internet and emerging technology companies, content providers, undersea cable providers, software companies, information service providers, big data companies, billing companies, wireless medical device manufacturers, mobile health services companies, educational institutions, real estate interests, utilities, municipalities and equipment manufacturers.
- November 1, 2019
- February 8, 2017
- February 9, 2016
- October 12, 2015
- September 24, 2015
- Butzel Long law firm hosts program/ webinar on Cybersecurity – Threats, Responses and Best Practices on February 18 in DetroitFebruary 9, 2015
- October 21, 2021
- Will “Supersizing” Wi-Fi Lead to the Demise of 5.9GHz and the Emergence of Upper 30MHz Technologies?November 20, 2020
- THE CLOCK IS TICKING: Government Contractors and Grant Awardees Must Replace Huawei and other Chinese Telecommunications Equipment Starting August 13, 2020June 17, 2020
- April 21, 2020
- April 7, 2020
- January 7, 2020
- July 17, 2017
- NHTSA's Proposal to Mandate that Automobile Manufacturers Incorporate Vehicle-to-Vehicle Capabilities into New Cars – an UpdateJanuary 10, 2017
- January 6, 2017
- January 5, 2017
- January 4, 2017
- NHTSA's Proposal to Mandate that Automobile Manufacturers Incorporate Vehicle-to-Vehicle Capabilities into New CarsDecember 16, 2016
- December 2, 2016
- September 20, 2016
- June 6, 2016
- May 18, 2016
- February 4, 2015