Reductions in Force, Rightsizing and Cost Savings during Coronavirus Crisis are focus of a free Butzel Long March 24 webinar
DETROIT, Mich. – With the American economy rapidly closing for business, employers must grapple with how to manage their workforce, save costs, and protect their most valuable assets. Butzel Long is hosting a free webinar from 12-1 p.m. on Tuesday, March 24, 2020 to address key issues impacting employers. To register, visit www.butzel.com/events.
Butzel Long attorneys will discuss legal issues involved in workforce reductions and cost-saving efforts caused by the COVID-19 pandemic as well as best practices. Topics include:
- Ways to reduce costs without reductions in force (RIFs);
- How to protect trade secrets and company property as employees are required to work from home;
- How to handle and implement RIFs on the fly;
- Potential liabilities stemming from workforce reductions including discrimination claims, WARN Act liability, collective bargaining issues, and other legal landmines;
- Best practices for planning for work disruption and recalling employees back to work.
Bernard (“Bernie”) Fuhs is a nationally recognized expert on non-compete and trade secret matters, having litigated and/or counseled clients on such matters in all 50 states and has presented to many national and local business and/or legal organizations regarding the same.
Brett Miller is Chair of the firm’s Employment Practices’ Liability Insurance Sub-Practice. He focuses his practice on labor and employment-law and fair-housing litigation.