OESA OEM Terms & Conditions and Current Legal Issues
OESA announces the 2016 OEM Terms & Conditions and Current Legal Issues Meeting on Oct. 21, 2016, at the MSU Management Education Center in Troy, MI, and via live webinar. This meeting will provide attendees with an update on the latest OEM terms and conditions including contracts, supplemental Ts &Cs as well as how to handle issues that may arise during the life of the contract. In addition, an optional afternoon segment will explore terms and conditions for emerging technologies such as telecommunications, data ownership and cybersecurity.
OESA President and CEO, Julie A. Fream, will open the meeting with commentary on leading industry issues and the importance of maintaining an awareness of the current OEM terms and conditions.
Cynthia Haffey, shareholder, Butzel Long, will share some of the latest automotive legal trends and discuss changes and updates to the “OESA OEM Production P.O. Terms and Conditions Comparative Analysis,” publication, including the addition of Supplemental Terms and Conditions. This publication will be available for purchase at a discount with meeting registration or on site the day of the event.
Additional Butzel Long attorneys Thomas Bick, Jim Bruno, David DeVine, George Donnini, Jennifer Dukarski, Steve Goodman, Sheldon Klein, Christina Nassar, Claudia Rast, andDan Rustman will discuss:
- Managing Contract Duration and Renewal
- Battle of the Forms
- When the FBI Comes Knockin’ At Your Door
- Workouts/De-Sourcing a Supplier/Tooling Lien Update
- Rejection of Goods and Revocation of Acceptance
- Taking the Recall and Warranty Trends to the Mat – Preparing for Battle
- Regulation in the Age of Connectivity – Telecommunications, NHTSA and the FTC in the World of Autonomous Vehicles
- Data Ownership, Transfer and Cybersecurity 101
- Contracting for Emerging Technologies
- Insuring Risks – Protecting Against Warranty, Recall and Cybersecurity Threats
OESA members and industry guests may register in the events section of http://www.oesa.org. The “OESA OEM Production P.O. Terms and Conditions Comparative Analysis” will be available for purchase at a discount prior to Oct. 21, 2016. For registration assistance or program information, contact OESA at 248.952.6401 or firstname.lastname@example.org.