Virtual Management and HR Training in the COVID Era – How to Restart Work, Limit Liability, and Navigate the Quickly Changing Rules Governing the Workforce
$500 per person (1st registrant)
$250 per additional registrant
Please note: you will receive an invoice after attending this event. The invoice will include a fee of $500 for the first attendee and $250 for each additional attendee from your company after that.
It seems that every day a new law is passed or executive order issued that changes how to manage a workforce. How are frontline supervisors and HR staff supposed to keep track of these rules let alone manage employees? What are supervisors supposed to do if an employee reports to work with a 102-degree temperature? Are your managers trained to recognize that the response to this employee could be governed by the Families First Coronavirus Response Act, Michigan Executive Order 2020-36, the Michigan Paid Sick Leave Act, the FMLA, local executive orders such as those in Oakland and Wayne Counties, OSHA guidance, CDC guidance, and that the response could impact loan forgiveness for those companies who received Paycheck Protection Program funds? If not, you might consider sending your managers and HR staff to our two-hour training session to discuss practical solutions, in plain language, to manage these new laws and limit legal liability. Topics in our two-hour training will include:
- Strategies to manage your workforce for essential employees or for employees returning to work
- Navigating Michigan’s Executive Order prohibiting discrimination or retaliation in the workplace for COVID related absences
- How to create and implement a COVID-19 preparedness and response plan as required by Michigan’s Expanded Stay at Home Order
- Managing new paid leave laws for Emergency Paid Sick Leave and Expanded FMLA – who is eligible, how do we document it, and how do we get the government to pay for it?
- How do these paid leave laws intersect with State and Local orders that might trigger an employee leave entitlement or create unknown legal liability?
- Maintaining a workforce and managing employees who do not wish to return to work
- Managing remote workers
- Common questions on reductions in force, pay cuts, and wage and hour issues related to COVID-19
- Q&A with our COVID Team on common issues impacting your workplace or restart plans
As a bonus, you will get free access to a white paper on Reductions in Force During the Coronavirus Crisis, a sample Families First Coronavirus Response Act Policy, FFCRA Certification Forms, and a template of the Michigan-mandated COVID Workplace Preparedness Plan.
Please direct inquiries to Jonathan Spencer at email@example.com.