Legal tools, tips and advice for growing companies are focus of Butzel Long’s Detroit Business Symposium
Area business leaders to share expertise during January 8, 2015 program to benefit Young Detroit Builders
DETROIT, Mich. - Growing companies are always looking for a competitive edge in today's marketplace. Southeast Michigan businesses can discover legal tools and learn tips they need to thrive during a half-day seminar on January 8, 2015 presented by Butzel Long.
The program will take place from 7:45 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Thursday, January 8, 2015 at the M@dison Building, located at 1555 Broadway Street in Detroit. (The M@dison is a state-of-the-art building that also is home to multiple startups).
The cost is $50, which includes breakfast and lunch. The event will benefit Young Detroit Builders, an educational training program that helps qualified low income young adults ages 18-24 earn their GEDS while getting hands-on construction training.
"Metro Detroit has a powerhouse of talented and entrepreneurial minds that are key to leading our next generation of companies," said Bernard "Bernie" Fuhs, attorney and shareholder, Trade Secret & Non-Compete Specialty Team, Butzel Long. "Our goal is to offer practical guidance, along with access to key people and resources, to help these start-up and growing businesses succeed."
Program topics include:
- Ready to Launch: Avoid Social Media Pitfalls
- Death by Theft: How to Protect Your Company from Sabotage and Unfair Competition While Saving a Few Bucks along the Way
- Company Structure and Workplace Practices: Crucial Building Blocks for Growth and Success
- Startups Hustle Harder: Expert Advice on Running, Funding, and Growing Your Emerging Company
A highlight of the Symposium will be an expert panel featuring:
- Trevor Pawl, Managing Director, Pure Michigan Business Connect
- Jonathan Hughes, CFO, Shinola/Detroit LLC
- Terry Barclay, President and CEO, Inforum
- Mike Brennan, Capital Strategist, Macomb-OU INCubator
Several Butzel Long attorneys will be featured presenters including Bernard Fuhs, Geaneen Arends, James Rosenfeld, Jennifer Dukarski, Paul Mersino, Phillip Korovesis, Robin Luce-Herrmann and Ziyad Hermiz.
Register online at www.butzel.com/event. For inquiries, contact Charmese Wilson at (313) 983-6904 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- President & CEO