Trade Secrets Theft
Butzel Long's white collar criminal defense team defends former employees and companies that are accused of misappropriating trade secrets. We have represented employees accused of trade secret thefts from Fortune 500 companies that exceeded $100 million. Our team reviews materials, works with experts to properly evaluate and value the claimed trade secret, and defends these cases in court. Our attorneys routinely walk clients through every stage of the investigation process, and we work with prosecutors and law enforcement officials to secure the best outcome for our clients, which can include decisions not to prosecute. Should formal charges arise, we guide clients through the trial process. Our team has handled hundreds of complex criminal jury trials and appeals.
- Represented numerous individual and corporate defendants facing federal criminal prosecution arising from allegations of wire and mail fraud, tax fraud, insider trading, healthcare fraud, environmental crimes, theft of trade secrets and drug conspiracy
- Represented a former employee accused of stealing more than $100 million worth of trade secrets from his employers in violation of the federal economic espionage act.
- January 29, 2014
- June 9, 2011
- Butzel Long attorney David F. DuMouchel featured recently during Inside Counsel Magazine’s annual SuperConference in ChicagoJune 1, 2011
- Butzel Long attorney George B. Donnini featured during March 8 MACPA webinar on corporate fraud investigationFebruary 22, 2011
- Three Butzel Long attorneys recognized by National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers for pro bono projectFebruary 14, 2011
- Butzel Long attorney David F. DuMouchel featured recently during OESA Legal Issues Council Fall MeetingNovember 18, 2010
- Butzel Long attorney David F. DuMouchel featured recently at Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants programOctober 5, 2010