Corporate and Finance
Butzel Long's Securities & Corporate Finance Group is comprised of highly experienced and regarded lawyers who are well recognized for their expertise and service. Our lawyers offer effective, responsive and creative assistance to public and private issuers, underwriters, placement agents, initial purchasers and others with a full range of securities-related services. These services include public and private placements of various types of equity and debt securities, mergers and acquisitions and assistance with regulatory compliance. For public companies, we assist with periodic and other reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Section 16 and Rule 144 reporting requirements, Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, proxy statements, corporate disclosures and communications, tender offers, share repurchase and going private programs and insider trading issues. For private companies, we help with private placements and related federal and state Blue Sky law compliance, IPO's, reverse mergers and venture capital and private equity investments. We provide public and private offering assistance to established companies as well as start-ups and emerging companies in new industries. Our group's industry expertise ranges from automotive and manufacturing to high technology, health care, real estate companies and bio-tech and alternative energy, to name only the most common. Group lawyers' regularly speak on panels on securities and corporate finance topics and several have published treatises and articles on those subjects. They also stay informed regarding recent developments through participation on key American Bar Association and other bar association committees.
- Acted as counsel for issuers and for participating broker-dealer firms in many private securities offerings pursuant to SEC Regulation D, Regulation S and various state exemptions.
- Represented Santa Rosa Consulting in its $25 million equity capitalization by private equity investors
- Representation of health services company in reverse merger with a public company as means of going public.
- Acted as issuer’s counsel for initial public offering and follow on offering for real estate investment trust.
- Represented a machinery company in a sale to an ESOP and related commercial financing
- 3rd tranche of Series B Preferred Stock Venture Capital Financing
- Acted as issuer’s counsel for public debt offering for a financial services firm.
- Assisted a pharmaceuticals company in several rounds of venture capital financing
- Preparation of numerous dividend reinvestment and share repurchase plans for public companies including all required filings with SEC.
- Venture capital financing for a home health care services corporation.
- Represented experimental engine manufacturer in bridge financing of working capital needs
- Series C Preferred Stock Venture Capital Financing
- Counsel for public companies in manufacturing, bio-medical, technology and real estate industries in going private transactions including all filings with SEC.
- Represented pharmaceuticals company in multiple-round preferred stock financings involving five venture capital investors
- Represented real estate development in private placement of LLC interests
- Acted as issuer’s counsel for the initial public offering of software company.
- Representation of technology company in Series A and Series B venture capital financings, including due diligence, bridge financing, investor documentation, employment agreements, etc.
- Butzel Long attorneys Bernard Fuhs and Rebecca Klein publish article, "Blog: Calling All Frustrated Minority Shareholders: Are You Being Oppressed."December 14, 2018
- June 14, 2018
- November 1, 2017
- September 5, 2017
- November 1, 2016
- September 7, 2016
- Butzel Long President Justin G. Klimko featured during Breakfast Roundtable on February 27, 2014 in BirminghamFebruary 20, 2014
- Butzel Long attorneys Sean H. Cook and Jennifer E. Powell featured during Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants 2011 Mergers & Acquisitions ConferenceJune 27, 2011
- June 9, 2011
- Butzel Long President Justin G. Klimko to be featured during State Bar of Michigan Business Law Section’s Business Boot Camp IJanuary 20, 2011
- Butzel Long Attorney Robert L. Schwartz Bond Counsel to Oakland County Economic Development CorpMay 28, 2010
- October 22, 2008
- June 11, 2007
- State Approves New Round of Innovative State Economic Development Incentives: Find Out if They're Right for Your BusinessJuly 27, 2017
- July 30, 2015
- February 20, 2009
- August 1, 2008
- July 23, 2008
- February 19, 2008
- January 1, 2008