Butzel Long's white collar criminal defense team represents individuals and corporations that face public corruption accusations. We counsel those that are being investigated for or charged with bribery, gratuities, extortion, honest-services fraud, money laundering, obstruction of justice, and other public office-related crimes. We interact with federal prosecutors, state prosecutors, and law enforcement to secure our clients the best possible outcome, which can include decisions not to prosecute. Our team consists of experienced trial attorneys that have handled hundreds of criminal investigations and complex jury trials and appeals.
- Represented numerous individual and corporate defendants facing federal criminal prosecution arising from allegations of wire and mail fraud, tax fraud, insider trading, healthcare fraud, environmental crimes, theft of trade secrets and drug conspiracy
- Represented a company in connection with a bribery investigation.
- Represented a former high-ranking government official in a public-corruption investigation.
- January 29, 2014
- June 9, 2011
- Butzel Long attorney David F. DuMouchel featured recently during Inside Counsel Magazine’s annual SuperConference in ChicagoJune 1, 2011
- Butzel Long attorney George B. Donnini featured during March 8 MACPA webinar on corporate fraud investigationFebruary 22, 2011
- Three Butzel Long attorneys recognized by National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers for pro bono projectFebruary 14, 2011
- Butzel Long attorney David F. DuMouchel featured recently during OESA Legal Issues Council Fall MeetingNovember 18, 2010