Real estate development and transactions continue to grow in variety and complexity. Butzel Long attorneys have a nationally recognized depth and breadth of experience in all areas of real property, including property tax matters.
Our professionals represent property owners, tenants, management companies, community and condominium associations, as well as taxpayers in state and local property tax matters. The goal of our attorneys is to minimize our clients property tax exposure on the property they own, lease, or manage, to the greatest extent possible.
Butzel Long Real Estate attorneys provide their clients with extensive knowledge and experience at both the local and administrative level, appearing before assessing authorities and review boards, as well as the state tax boards. Our attorneys advise on purchases, prepare applications for tax incentives, monitor tax and property improvements, analyze assessments, and file/try tax injunction cases when necessary.
- Represented developer in negotiation and financing of land acquisition from Downtown Development Authority and acquisition of the hotel from prior owners
- Butzel Long attorney Thomas A. Kabel named to L. Brooks’ Patterson’s Elite 40 Under 40 Class of 2014February 13, 2014
- June 9, 2011
- Butzel Long attorney Thomas A. Kabel featured recently at ICSC 2009 Michigan Continuing Education Program for Real Estate ProfessionalsMay 13, 2009
- Butzel Long attorney Richard A. Shapack featured at the Colorado Bar Association's National CLE Law ConferenceFebruary 26, 2009
- October 22, 2008
- July 8, 2008
- Update! There’s Still Time to Review Michigan Property Tax Assessments; Additional Extended Deadlines for Property Tax Appeals due to New LegislationJune 12, 2020
- There’s Still Time to Review Michigan Property Tax Assessments; Extended Deadlines for Property Tax Appeals Due to Executive OrderMay 19, 2020
- Now Is the Time to Review Michigan Property Tax Assessments to Avoid Excessive Property Tax PaymentsJune 26, 2017
- November 1, 2008
- March 1, 2008
- January 1, 2008