Licensing & Technology
The development and licensing of patents, trademarks, copyright and trade secrets is a critical component of our intellectual property expertise. We have developed licensing strategies for clients in the pharmaceutical, entertainment, computer, automotive industries to protect assets and to maximize their intellectual property.
We have extensive experience preparing joint development, production, technology licensing and outsourcing agreements. Our attorneys have also counseled on and litigated Internet security issues. We have advised on issues related to doing global business on the Internet.
- Defended collegiate licensing entity in a copright lawsuit
- Licensing/Transactions: Drafted license/transaction agreements for a major automotive supplier
- Licensing/Transactions: Drafted license/transaction agreements for a media/entertainment entity
- Detroit-based Butzel Long grows IP practice with addition of two attorneys in its Washington, D.C. OfficeSeptember 24, 2015
- Butzel Long attorney Claudia Rast quoted in the article, "How to protect your company's data" in the Nashville Business JournalFebruary 1, 2013
- Butzel Long attorneys featured during Walsh Business Leadership Institute’s fifth annual BusinessLIVE small business conference October 20 in TroyOctober 14, 2011
- June 9, 2011
- June 6, 2011
- Of Counsel