Europe International Team
Butzel Long's Europe team is comprised of attorneys possessinga broad range of experience in counseling and representing both U.S. and foreign-based companies in the establishment of operations and the conduct of business throughout Europe. Our attorneys counsel U.S. and foreign-based clients with business interests in Europe, as well as European clients conducting business either in the U.S. and internationally.
The services of Butzel Long Europe Team attorneys include representing clients on matters relating tothe organization of new subsidiaries and entity structuring, domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, technology transfer issues, investments, tax planning, employee transfers, immigration matters and a wide variety of other business, contract and transactional issues. Our attorneys regularly assist U.S. and European clients ranging from start-ups to established Fortune 100 companies.
Butzel Long is recognized as the premier international law firm in Michigan. A substantive portion of our client base is headquartered outside of the United States. Those clients involved with European matters know they will receive the advice, counsel, and representation one should expect from a reputable, corporate law firm. Our Europe Team members include lawyers with German, French, Russian, Spanish, Italian and (list others).
Butzel Long attorneys are active in a number of international associations including Lex Mundi, the International Law Section of the American Bar Association, the French-American Chamber of Commerce, the German-American Chamber of Commerce, the Swedish-American Chamber of Commerce, and the British-American Business Council.
- Lead counsel for global polymers manufacturer in multiple acquisition and disposition transactions, including complex, multi-continent acquisitions, numerous acquisitions of U.S. based distributors and disposition of operations in Canada and the U.S.
- Representation of company for purchase of telecommunications business in over 25 countries.
- Represented German auto manufacturer in the U.S. Court of International Trade.
- Representation of French company in acquisition of troubled assets of automotive supplier with U.S. and Canadian operations.
- $75 million acquisition of US and non-US assets; complex deal involved acquisition of stock and assets located in North America, Europe, Asia and South America
- Represented an international media conglomerate in connection with the European Commission's investigation into Google's actions in the online search market
- Restructuring of European companies and their subsidiaries in numerous countries to achieve optional organizational benefits
- Acted as counsel in international acquisition of software company. The transaction included multi-jurisdictional asset transfers, export controls issues and special licensing and development agreements.
- Butzel Long attorney Clara DeMatteis Mager re-elected to the French American Chamber of Commerce Board of DirectorsMarch 27, 2017
- April 28, 2011
- Butzel Long attorney is president of French-American Chamber of Commerce Michigan ChapterOctober 14, 2010
- June 4, 2009
- October 22, 2008