Butzel Long attorneys advise clients on a range of corporate governance matters. We offer a wealth of experience and real-world solutions for tailored governance structures, and we give clients the tools to effectively compete and succeed with risk management in an environment with many new regulations and listing standards.
Our team works with public companies, private companies, and special committees on fiduciary duties buyout proposals and takeover defense director independence succession planning executive compensation and termination arrangements internal investigations and liability risks. We assist clients with corporate governance compliance and disclosure requirements by analyzing their existing practices and disclosures and then preparing revised or new governance policies and procedures.
Our corporate governance team takes an inter-disciplinary approach to keep clients informed of shifting trends in corporate governance. We work closely with our taxation, intellectual property, executive compensation, employment, environmental, and real estate colleagues to efficiently and effectively address our client's needs.
- Acted as interim general counsel for publicly-held technology company and supervised company’s adoption of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance procedures and insider trading policy.
- General counsel services for major manufacturing client; includes buying and closing new plant, updating company manual, revising shareholder status and udating books and records
- Successfully negotiated dispute with large shareholder including redemption of shares and related tax and financing issues
- Butzel Long attorney Jennifer Consiglio named to Michigan Lawyers Weekly’s ‘Go To Business Lawyers’ listDecember 14, 2020
- November 5, 2020
- January 14, 2020
- Butzel Long President Justin G. Klimko featured during Breakfast Roundtable on February 27, 2014 in BirminghamFebruary 20, 2014
- November 1, 2013
- June 9, 2011
- October 6, 2010
- Butzel Long and KPMG Audit Committee Institute host December 3 program featuring Dana Johnson, Chief Economist, Comerica BankNovember 30, 2009
- August 27, 2009
- Butzel Long attorney David F. DuMouchel featured during April 27 panel discussion in Detroit on Corporate Fraud in the Current Economic ClimateApril 23, 2009
- October 22, 2008
- July 8, 2008
- Of Counsel
- Business Governance Issues of Remote/Virtual Meetings: How Can your Corporation or LLC Conduct Remote Meetings?March 26, 2020
- March 26, 2019
- March 26, 2019
- December 18, 2014