Butzel Long's white collar criminal defense team represents corporations and executives under civil and criminal investigation for violations of international and domestic antitrust laws. We have a wide range of experience with federal enforcement of civil and criminal antitrust law, including concurrent investigations. We conduct internal investigations into transactions and practices under government review, and we respond to government investigations. From search warrants and grand jury investigations through the filing of an indictment or a complaint, our team routinely handles all stages of the investigative process. We interact with federal prosecutors, state prosecutors, and law enforcement to secure our clients the best possible outcome, which can include decisions not to prosecute, immunity, or participation in the Antitrust Division's leniency program. Our team consists of experienced trial attorneys that have handled hundreds of criminal investigations and complex jury trials and appeals. We have represented clients facing civil and criminal enforcement actions stemming from joint investigations by the United States Justice Department's Antitrust Division, the European Union's Commission on Competition, and Japan's Fair Trade Commission.
- Represented auto supplier in major US and foreign antitrust investigation
- Represented multiple employees/ executives/ officers in major US and international antitrust investigations
- Represented numerous individual and corporate defendants facing federal criminal prosecution arising from allegations of wire and mail fraud, tax fraud, insider trading, healthcare fraud, environmental crimes, theft of trade secrets and drug conspiracy
- Represented attorney in federal antitrust.-related investigation
- Represented multiple Japanese Auto Supplier companies in criminal antitrust investigations conducted by the Department of Justice, Antitrust Division (Washington, DC)
- Represented a major automotive supplier under investigation for allegedly participating in a several hundred million dollar international antitrust price-fixing conspiracy.
- Represented Company in federal antitrust investigation re transportation industry
- Represented President of Corporation in federal antitrust investigation re compressors
- Represented Corporation in federal antitrust civil class action re automotive products
- Represented multiple Corporations in federal antitrust investigation re highway contracts
- Represented a major international cement and concrete corporation accused by private litigants of participating in a several hundred million dollar antitrust price-fixing conspiracy.
- Obtained not guilty verdict at criminal antitrust trial for President of concrete company
- January 29, 2014
- June 9, 2011
- Butzel Long attorney David F. DuMouchel featured recently during Inside Counsel Magazine’s annual SuperConference in ChicagoJune 1, 2011
- Butzel Long attorney George B. Donnini featured during March 8 MACPA webinar on corporate fraud investigationFebruary 22, 2011
- Three Butzel Long attorneys recognized by National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers for pro bono projectFebruary 14, 2011
- Butzel Long attorney David F. DuMouchel featured recently during OESA Legal Issues Council Fall MeetingNovember 18, 2010
- Butzel Long attorney David F. DuMouchel featured recently at Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants programOctober 5, 2010
- January 20, 2017