Acquisition & Disposition
From complex dispositions of properties in multiple states, to the acquisition of a single parcel, Butzel Long attorneys have the experience necessary to effectively and efficiently handle any transaction. Whether our clients are buying or selling, we advise on all key aspects of the acquisition or disposition process. We prepare and negotiate purchase and sale agreements and other transactional documents, conduct due diligence, manage the closing process and assist in tax deferred exchanges.
- Complex, multi-continent acquisitions of companies for an international polymers manufacturer
- Served as counsel for the acquisition of multiple parcels of land for major mixed use residential/commercial development
- Negotiated the purchase of a building and assumption of indebtedness for major health care organization
- Representation of automotive company in loan participation and restructuring; acquisition of Canadian US operations
- Created loan/financing structure for capital acquisition and industrial expansion for Canadian and U.S. structure and operations
- Represented a bank in connection with the acquisition for re-use and adaptation of the site of a failed multi-use development project in a Northern Michigan resort community
- Represented a large international pharmaceutical company in a complex sale of over 500,000 square feet of surplus office and research buildings
- Represented LG Chem in the acquisition of land, obtaining various government grants and tax incentives and the drafting and negotiating of the construction contract for a $303 million advanced lithium ion battery manufacturing facility.
- Negotiated price reduction of mortgage loan balances and sales of shopping center properties
- Review and analyze environmental due diligence reports, and purchase agreements on behalf of buyers, sellers, and lenders, and advise as to potential environmental liability and available protections.
- Represented 112,000 square foot corporate office and R & D complex; represented foreign purchaser in all aspects of transaction
- Condo and cooperative purchases and sales
- Represented developer in negotiation and financing of land acquisition from Downtown Development Authority and acquisition of the hotel from prior owners
- Negotiated the acquisition of a 230,000 square foot industrial facility on behalf of a major Chinese purchaser
- Sale of corporate real estate assets: represented seller in all legal aspects of sale
- Served as counsel for the acquisition of vacant land and related construction financing
- Multiple retail property transactions throughout New England for a national retail tenant.
- Multiple relocations throughout the East Coast
- Negotiated the acquisition of a 150,000 square foot industrial facility on behalf of the purchaser
- September 7, 2016
- September 11, 2014
- Butzel Long attorney Thomas A. Kabel named to L. Brooks’ Patterson’s Elite 40 Under 40 Class of 2014February 13, 2014
- February 11, 2014
- June 9, 2011
- January 18, 2011
- September 2, 2010
- Butzel Long attorney Thomas A. Kabel featured recently at ICSC 2009 Michigan Continuing Education Program for Real Estate ProfessionalsMay 13, 2009
- October 22, 2008
- July 8, 2008
- Of Counsel
- June 18, 2019ICLE