The Tax Group advises clients on a variety of state and local tax topics. Many of the services we provide parallel the Federal tax services in connection with entity structure and transactions with consideration of the unique issues of state and local taxation. We assist multi-state businesses with structuring their business organizations to address nexus, allocation and apportionment issues and individuals with residency and non-resident issues. We have represented clients in connection with income, franchise, gross receipts, sales and use, payroll and unemployment tax whether in planning transactions, addressing governmental inquiries, audits or collection enforcement or providing options on the application of state and local tax rules to planned or consummated transactions.
- Butzel Long attorneys Sean H. Cook and Jennifer E. Powell featured during Michigan Association of Certified Public Accountants 2011 Mergers & Acquisitions Conference
- Butzel Long adds two attorneys to firm
- Butzel Long receives Pro Bono Service Award from Detroit Metropolitan Bar Association
- Butzel Long Taxation and Succession Planning Institute plans half-day seminar on May 18 in Troy
- Butzel Long attorney Robert M. Nemzin featured during American Bar Association Section of Real Property, Trust & Estate Law 22nd Annual Spring Symposia on April 28, 2011 in Washington, D.C.
- Michigan Voters Pass Proposal 1 to Remove Business Personal Property Tax
- IRS Releases Simplified Application Form for Exempt Organizations
- Is Your Property Tax Bill Still Too High? Get a Free Review of Your Industrial or Commercial Property Tax Assessment to Avoid Excessive Property Tax Payments.
- Now Is the Time to Review Michigan Property Tax Assessment for Industrial or Commercial Properties to Avoid Excessive Property Tax Payments
- Automation Alley Newsletter
- Sales tax/use tax litigation; summary judgment for taxpayer