Butzel Long's attorneys regularly counsel broker-dealer firms, traders, investment banking firms, investment managers, and investment specialists. We advise on tax implications of certain financial instruments and derivative transactions, and we represent broker-dealers in litigation and in arbitration proceedings before the NASD (now FINRA), the Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board, and the American Arbitration Association.
Our services include advice and assistance with:
- Broker-dealer organization and registration forms, including Form BD assistance
- Fee-based programs and soft dollar arrangements
- Commission and finder arrangements
- Selling group and securities distribution agreements
- Ongoing compliance issues
- Regulatory investigations and proceedings
- Introducing and clearing arrangements
- Underwriting and financial consulting arrangements and
- 15c2-11 applications.
Representative clients include Beech Hill Securities, Cantor Fitzgerald, Fahnestock, National Securities Corporation, J.T. Moran & Company, Prudential Securities, Reich & Company, and Wedbush Securities.