In the world of technology, the only constant is change. Whether it's designing the artificial intelligence that will drive autonomous fleets or engineering the additive manufacturing that will print organs for transplant, the power and promise of emerging technology is clear. Yet, with these opportunities come risks and uncertainty, and thus the need for new breed of lawyer, one who thinks without any “box” and who excels at the role of resolving novel and complex legal issues.
Butzel Long's emerging technology specialty team has the depth and breadth to tackle these technologies and their attendant legal complexities. Our cross-disciplinary team provides clients with the strategic planning, navigation, and support needed to address the many challenges that come along with advancements in technology.
The team covers a wide spectrum of industries including:
- Mobility including connected and autonomous cars, light-weighting, alternative fuel vehicles, and future factories
- Cybersecurity and privacy, both in protection and defense and in the breach
- Healthcare including telemedicine and medical devices
- Internet of Things (IoT) and consumer technology
- Big data, artificial intelligence, and augmented reality
- Aerospace and defense including drones, satellites, and aircraft